Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bgluckma
Level 7

Can't Watch HGTV App on ROKU

The HGTV channel updated on our Rokus a few days ago. The update forces us to sign into the channel again. Problem: After entering the activation code and selecting Hulu as our provider, after a few seconds we get an Invalid Server message. I've reached out to Hulu and they don't know how to fix the issue. I've tried to contact someone at HGTV, but that's as unlikely as speaking with Abraham Lincoln. Any suggestions?

BTW, we're able to run the HGTV app on our cell phones and my desktop computer after selecting Hulu as our provider, so it appears to be an issue with Roku.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Can't Watch HGTV App on ROKU

"Bgluckma" wrote:
The HGTV channel updated on our Rokus a few days ago. The update forces us to sign into the channel again. Problem: After entering the activation code and selecting Hulu as our provider, after a few seconds we get an Invalid Server message. I've reached out to Hulu and they don't know how to fix the issue. I've tried to contact someone at HGTV, but that's as unlikely as speaking with Abraham Lincoln. Any suggestions?

BTW, we're able to run the HGTV app on our cell phones and my desktop computer after selecting Hulu as our provider, so it appears to be an issue with Roku.

Are you already logged in to Hulu before attempting to authenticate? Sometimes that matters.

Before trying again, remove the app, reboot the Roku, then add the app back. In that order.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos