Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicesmilegal
Level 7

Can't Use Roku Anymore Due to Advertisement on Home Setting

Jump to solution

All of a sudden there is a Roku advertisement on the home setting each and every time I use my Roku.  I cannot get to any of the channels or menu options I have created over time.  No button I use will remove the advertisement so I can get to my channels.  I will have to discontinue use of the Roku altogether because of this ...  Can anyone help?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Can't Use Roku Anymore Due to Advertisement on Home Setting

Jump to solution

What Roku device do you have?

This sounds like the ad which normally occupies the right side of the Home page is expanded to fill the home screen.  I suspect that the Home page is being sent at a higher resolution than your tv can display so you're only seeing part of the page.

Perhaps this can be fixed with a restart.  Since you're unable to use the menu to restart, try unplugging your Roku from the power source for 30 seconds or so then plugging it back in.

If this gets you back in business, to try to keep the problem from returning, go to Settings > Display type and set it to your tv's actual resolution, not Auto detect.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

What Roku device do you have?

This sounds like the ad which normally occupies the right side of the Home page is expanded to fill the home screen.  I suspect that the Home page is being sent at a higher resolution than your tv can display so you're only seeing part of the page.

Perhaps this can be fixed with a restart.  Since you're unable to use the menu to restart, try unplugging your Roku from the power source for 30 seconds or so then plugging it back in.

If this gets you back in business, to try to keep the problem from returning, go to Settings > Display type and set it to your tv's actual resolution, not Auto detect.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
nicesmilegal
Level 7

Jump to solution

Oh, my goodness, you are a genius.  No idea why I didn't think of that!  : 0  <<<  seriously?!?

Don't tell anyone I never thunk of that.

THANKS SO MUCH, I AM BACK IN BUSINESS!  Woo hoo

0 Kudos