Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mooreted
Binge Watcher

How to turn Netflix autoplay on/off on Roku

Jump to solution

I have logged into my Netflix account and turned off auto preview. The Netflix app on Roku still plays previews when I browse. I have tried rebooting the Roku. Why doesn't it work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't Turn Off Netflix Auto Preview

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here. 

With this type of settings change, you might try a channel refresh to see if this clears up the issue. Follow these steps, in order: 

1. Remove the Netflix channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. 

2. Restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart 

3. Add the Netflix channel back once more and sign in again. 

This should help clear up that type of issue. Let us know if you have any other questions, or feel free to follow up with the channel provider directly. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Koala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Checked for updates. Rebooted. Still autoplays previews. 

0 Kudos
mooreted
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just tried singing out and back into Netflix on Roku. It didn’t work. Still auto playing previews. 

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mooreted wrote:

I just tried singing out and back into Netflix on Roku. It didn’t work. Still auto playing previews. 

I had to do a RESTART of Roku TV before autoplay previews stopped. SETTINGS -- SYSTEM -- POWER - SYSTEM RESTART. Do not have an external Roku device to know if it has RESTART option in Roku OS menu or just do a power cycle of unit.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
mooreted
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried restarting from the System menu. No change. Tried power-cycling the Roku as well. Guess I'll have to keep wearing out my mute button.

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mooreted wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried restarting from the System menu. No change. Tried power-cycling the Roku as well. Guess I'll have to keep wearing out my mute button.

Is this a Roku TV or an external Roku device? I would double check playback settings in web browser to make sure the autoplay previews box is unchecked. If still an issue, I would try the old remove the Netflix app, restart/recycle your Roku device, reinstall the Netflix app and then login.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
chrisarsen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. I verified that auto previews are disabled on my laptop via running Netflix in my browser. I first tried switching profiles and then switching back and the previews were still auto-playing. Then I restarted Roku and the previews were still auto-playing. Then I uninstalled Netflix app from Roku, restarted Roku, reinstalled Netflix app and re-signed in. The previews are still auto-playing. Ugh!

Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

0 Kudos
ljklhjhhjkhkjhk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem here on all 4 Roku's ... both Roku OS and Netflix app are up to date and Netflix account settings are correct.  Tried restarting the Roku as well, but auto-play is still there.  I changed my Netflix settings as soon as they announced the change 2 days ago and would really like to get rid of the ultra-annoying auto previews.

0 Kudos
mooreted
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, crud. I guess there is no fix at this time. Maybe some future update will fix it.

Thanks everyone. 

0 Kudos
boshk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have a roku premiere. i turned off previews and restarted netflix, but it didnt take. then i restarted my roku and it now works. i used the remote shortcut to reboot, i dont know if that works any different than cycling power or rebooting through the menu. and the previews stopped.

i did not try re installing netflix or signing out and in. rebooting worked on the first try.

0 Kudos