Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkblack
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't Turn Off Netflix Auto Preview

Jump to solution

Thanks very much, Tanner!  Your procedure worked for my Stick+

chrisarsen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It worked for me as well. I thought I did the exact same steps before but I guess I didn’t. Thanks Tanner!

mooreted
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you, that did the trick. 

Smiley Happy

Amcd3006

Jump to solution

Didn’t help. Where in Netflix do you turn off Auto Review? I can’t find any setting for that.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Amcd3006  In order to disable autoplay for previews, you'll need to log into your Netflix account online and adjust your settings. 

See more here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2102

After doing this, you may need to also follow the steps I posted in my previous solution. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
kagacins

Jump to solution

Did not work on a 6 series TCL Roku TV. Setting changed in Netflix profile, removed netflix app, did a menu-based system restart, added Netflix back as a channel, logged in to Netflix fresh, trailer Autoplay still occurs. 

Rebelleaucoeu87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I gave up 🤷🏻‍♀️ and just mute the **bleep** thing until I find what I want to watch. You would think it would be an easy fix... 

JazzRobot

Jump to solution

I have a TCL series 6 and was experiencing the same problem.  I disabled and they still played. It was driving me crazy.  So I exited Netflix using the menu inside the Netflix app, not by hitting the home button or back button on the remote.  I then went I, Roku to Settings-System-Power-System restart.  Once it was back up I open the Netflix app up and it took a few moments longer than usual, which I interpreted as a good sign that it was reading the settings.  No more preview playing, sanity restored. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
ShogunX
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After trying to chat with Netflix support and not getting anywhere I came across this thread. Unfortunately Tanner's solution provided back in February did not work for me. In my case the autoplay settings were being respected for the first 30 days of my subscription. Once I went into the billing cycle the setting immediately stopped working. This issue is not occurring on my PC so it seems to be specific to the Roku Netflix app. Has there been any progress on resolving this issue?

Roku model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Software version 9.3.0 build 4170-46

Troubleshooting steps: Re-enable/disable of autoplay settings, sign out via Netflix menu, restart of Roku, reinstall of Netflix app, switch accounts, log out of account on PC, contact Netflix support.

0 Kudos
baroth

Jump to solution

Didn't work for me at all

0 Kudos