Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaptainDunsel
Level 8

Re: Can’t Sign into Netflix

-Roku device model: 4200X - Roku 3
-serial number: 4124D8057754
-device ID (Not found in Settings > System > About)
-software OS/version: 9.3.0 build 4194-04
-what channel and what version/build: Netflix Version 4.2 build 98018037
-tracker ID when this issue occurs: 54-419-340

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CaptainDunsel 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing your password on your Netflix account to see if that resolves your issue.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Netflix  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptainDunsel
Level 8

Danny,

I’m trying my best to understand—What exactly was learned from all this information you requested?

0 Kudos
rebel213
Level 7

I can't sign into my Netflix account either - it says no account exists for my email address. Funny - everyone else in my family is able to watch on their devices, just not me.

They're not being asked to sign in - just me.

0 Kudos
CaptainDunsel
Level 8

I changed my Netflix password... all Roku devices logged-in and are now working fine. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

similar problem. Just changed to a Roku Express+ on my old Sony TV. Prime, Hulu, CBS Access all working fine. Netflix says "connection error TVQ-ST- 106"... Removed Netflix channel, retarted Roku system, added Netflix channel, and got same problem. Followed Netflix instructions for the error and unplugged Roku Express+ and internet modem for 30 seconds. Replugged, error still appears. No problem with same Netflix account on Nook, Samsung Smart Tv with a Roku Ultra, or Roku Tv.  

0 Kudos
CaptainDunsel
Level 8

Changing my Netflix password was the miracle solution for me.

(after hours spent feeding Roku support all of my Roku device’s system information and following all suggestions to unplug, uninstall, and un-everything else). 

0 Kudos
Croak
Level 7

Can't figure out how to post a new response so I'll try this. Have 4 Stick +s. Only one was able to get onto Netflix. Judging from all the problems with logins to channels through Roku......   I've seen this before in other products and software. Wherever Roku is storing pwds, email names, serial #s, whatever to log in channels, those memories must be totally zero'd out every time a channel is REMOVED. All data, not just resetting some memory marker and trying to overwrite the location with the next new channel setup. DELETED, period. Write in blanks/whatever that aren't looked at, but remove all data for that channel. Then, when someone tries to setup a channel they have been previously having trouble with, there are no residuals or partial data left getting accessed. It is non-volitile memory so de-powering the Roku isn't going to work. There must be commands to empty all the files/registers dealing with the channel being removed. This way, if someone makes a mistake with their email or password trying to get Netfix (whomever) going on their Roku, if they delete the channel, ALL data is removed for that channel. Is this making sense

0 Kudos