Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Log-in to AcornTV on Roku despite paying for subscription through Roku.

@rtcompt 

You first need to launch the Roku Channel.  Then your Acorn subscription should be located there.  Basically, you have to watch Acorn "through" the Roku Channel.  (if you pay Roku for Acorn).

Here is the info regarding "Acorn TV on the Roku Channel".  https://therokuchannel.roku.com/browse/w.3P0K2by6N1Ugagyq07joF8xNqLPWLzudZAqm24gGu9LxlvPxQPIVKg0M6/a...

Using the Search feature from Roku Home Screen on device, it is showing both "Acorn TV" and "Acorn TV on the Roku Channel" as both available to install when I typed in Acorn. (US based Roku Ultra 4660x)

Interestingly, it did not show "Acorn TV on the Roku Channel" when searching online Roku Channel Store though.  (https://channelstore.roku.com/search/acorn

It has been awhile since I have purchased a subscription through Roku so I don't know if the additional tile ("Subscription on the Roku Channel") is still available to install on the Home Screen (as a shortcut), or if everything is now done by simply launching Roku Channel.  It used to be either way in the past.  You could access it by the seperate tile or the Roku Channel. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Pudge18

Re: Can't Log-in to AcornTV on Roku despite paying for subscription through Roku.

You misunderstood

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Pudge18

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TLH101

Ok here goes:

I pay for Acorn thru my Roku account.

I cannot watch the shows from acorn on my roku account.

I can watch Roku shows but am asked to sign up for acorn with a 7 day free trial.

I can go online under my roku account and watch the shows listed on Roku that belong to Acorn.  I cannot do that on my TV.  

I have a Roku tv and I cannot find a place to fix this on the tv and i cant find a place to fix this online.  I cant find a place to really even address this with Roku to find out how to fix this.  What do I need to do to rectify this problem?  Thanks, Ted

TLH101

I added more content sorry

0 Kudos
Irked
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem yesterday.

ROKU/Acorn did not recognize my email address or my password. It continued to respond with error messages: (a) 1033-404000-000 and (b) 1234-401000-000.

I was unable to find a support telephone number or an onscreen "chat" and none of ROKU's "help" hints addressed this issue. 

My solution was to cancel the ROKU/Acorn subscription and subscribe to Acorn directly.

I cancelled the ROKU/Acorn subscription just hours after subscribing but the payment had already gone through to my credit card, which means that I have paid twice this month for Acorn access. I am not happy about that.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Irked

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

For the double billing issue, it may be more effective to seek assistance from our Billing team for account and billing issues. You can contact them here and then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the most qualified to assist you in this matter.

Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Irked
Reel Rookie

Thank you, Karla, for the advice and the link.

The link you gave me works fine and takes me to the page where I can click a link to access a Billing page.

Unfortunately, the link to the Billing page just cranks and cranks and never opens the page. I really don't know what to do now. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@Irked

Thank you for following up.

Could you try using a different browser (i.e. Firefox, Safari, Chrome) to see if that will make a difference? You can also try clearing the cache & cookies of the browser you are using.

Keep us posted!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos