Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't Log-in to AcornTV on Roku despite paying for subscription through Roku.

I have had an Acorn subscription through Roku for a couple of months now and it has worked fairly well.  Today I was watching a show and it kept reloading.  I found instructions on the Roku site to try removing the channel, rebooting the Roku device, and re-adding the channel.  I did this, but now AcornTV is telling me to sign-in to my account or to subscribe.  I try signing in, but it just tells me that there is no account with my e-mail address and to add a subscription.  I already have a subscription (again, through Roku), so I don't want to create a new one and get billed twice.  

I've searched the message boards and not found a solution.  I found one post referencing two different AcornTV apps on Roku (seemingly one for those who subscribe through Roku, and one for those who subscribe directly through Acorn), but there's only one app option showing up on my device.  I know that the Roku customer service isn't great and will likely just respond with an automated message telling me to contact Acorn (which doesn't help, since the subscription is through Roku), but I'm hoping maybe someone else has had the same problem and found a way to resolve it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't Log-in to AcornTV on Roku despite paying for subscription through Roku.

@pndmnd 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look online at your Roku account at my.roku.com and clicking Manage Your Subscriptions to see your current subscriptions.

I'm suspecting that you purchased a subscription to Acorn TV through the Roku channel. Have you tried accessing Acorn TV through the Roku Channel on your Roku device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Acorn TV not working. Error “Access to this resource is forbidden by access policy.”

My account is paid up through 4/2021 yet access to channel is forbidden.??? Why??.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Can't Log-in to AcornTV on Roku despite paying for subscription through Roku.

I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a fix to this? I don’t want to be billed twice and keeps telling me no email on file....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Acorn TV not working. Error “Access to this resource is forbidden by access policy.”

@Wiczoksor @Karc1983 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you subscribed to Acorn TV? Did you subscribed through the channel provider directly or did you subscribe through Roku Pay? In addition, how are you trying to access Acorn TV, are you watching Acorn TV through The Roku Channel or through the channel directly?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos