Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
famentsubacct
Reel Rookie

Can't Get Someone's Account Off Our Roku Tv

Hi!

We have a 65" Hisense Roku Tv

Sometime back my girlfriend used her sister's Disney + account so we could watch some movies.

She didn't realize I had already ordered that channel and that we already subscribed to Disney +

To be certain our subscription is currently active.

I did a factory reset trying to remove the existing email account so we could use our own Disney + account and not her sister's. However this step was completely ineffective because as soon as the factory reset was complete I checked and went to log into the Disney + channel and it went right back to her account instead of prompting me for our own email so we could use it as desired.

Sorry but this is just a stupid problem to have! What's the point of a 'factory reset' if channels and things like this go back to automatically assuming we're using all the same info as before? Pretty useless and frustrating.

Since a 'factory reset' doesn't what can I do to fix this issue so we can watch the channels we have purchased and subscribe to?

In the meantime again this is a silly problem to have that hasn't been worked on yet. Please fix this issue so that we can remove the accounts to channels we don't want and make it so factory resets actually fulfill their tasks!

14 REPLIES 14
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Get Someone's Account Off Our Roku Tv

Disney+ must be one of the few channels that your credentials are cached on the Roku server. You should be able to open the Disney+ channel, log out, then log in with new credentials. If that doesn't work (and it really should), then you need to contact Disney+ customer support it's their channel, and only they can assist with the way it works. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
famentsubacct
Reel Rookie

I'm a dummy, okay, lol. Yeah I didn't realize all you had to do was go into the actual channel and select log out. Thanks sorry for being a goofball.

0 Kudos
BridgetAnn

I can't get into the profile to log them out. It's locked. So how do I go about doing that to sign into my account!!??

0 Kudos
renojim

@BridgetAnn, are you speaking of your Roku account or the account associated with a channel/app?  If the latter, what channel/app?  If the former, you have to factory reset your Roku device to link it to a different Roku account.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
debrla

I am having a similar problem with Disney +.  There is no place to log off of the old account and then sign in with a new account.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @debrla 

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Disney Plus' customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their app in Roku that may allow the functionality you are looking for. 

You can contact them here: helpdesk - Disney +

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

@debrla wrote:

I am having a similar problem with Disney +.  There is no place to log off of the old account and then sign in with a new account.

Yes there is. Once in the Disney+ channel, press the left button to open the menu options. At the very bottom is the Settings menu, and inside that menu is the option to log out. Log out of the channel, then close the channel. Open it again and you should have the option to log into your account.

Dan

postmortem01
Reel Rookie

I’m having this same issue. The problem isn’t my Disney plus account. The problem is Roku. This is a new device and I’ve factory reset. When I sign back into Roku, it puts their account back in. 

once in Disney plus. I cannot do anything. I can’t log in to their account because a pin is required and there are no options available to log out. 

atc98092

@postmortem01 wrote:

I’m having this same issue. The problem isn’t my Disney plus account. The problem is Roku. This is a new device and I’ve factory reset. When I sign back into Roku, it puts their account back in. 

That doesn't seem possible. When you factory reset, you have to enter the email address of your Roku user account, which receives an email from Roku to link the device to your account. If you are using a different email address than the former account used, there's no way it is linking to the former account. And if you are using the same email address, then you have access to the user account and can change the PIN if necessary. But logging out of a user account in Disney+ doesn't require the Roku PIN, that's only needed to install a new channel. In fact, I don't believe the PIN is required to delete a channel.

Dan

0 Kudos