Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRV1
Channel Surfer

Can't Access Program/Is not available or has expired Error

Hello everyone,

I have three devices, and one of them no longer wants to play videos from the Roku channel. I have reset the device, and removed it from my devices and added it back. Neither seems to have fixed the issue, so I figured I'd create an account and come here to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks for your help

38 REPLIES 38
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Access Program/Is not available or has expired Error

@SRV1 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have three devices, and one of them no longer wants to play videos from the Roku channel. I have reset the device, and removed it from my devices and added it back. Neither seems to have fixed the issue, so I figured I'd create an account and come here to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks for your help

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SRV1
Channel Surfer

Yes, I did this. I also factory reset the device and added/signed back into all of the channels after this didn't help.  I think something else is going on and it's specific to this one device. My other two devices have no issue viewing anything on this channel.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SRV1,

Thanks for posting in Roku Community and for letting us know all that you've done.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or all channels on your Roku device? Does this happen on all movies/shows in The Roku Channel or just specific titles? Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
SRV1
Channel Surfer

Hello Mary,

It only happens on the Roku channel that I can see. I tested it again this morning on Airwolf, the featured section, and "New this month."  Each gave me this same error.  Live TV does seem to work just fine as far as I can tell.   My device is a 3920RW Roku Premier.  Software Version is 10.0.0 with build 4205-91.  I've checked for updates, and it says it's current.

expired.jpg

edit- No idea why picture uploaded upside down. It looks correct on my desktop.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for following up, @SRV1.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.
Our engineering team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
SRV1
Channel Surfer

Hello again Mary,

I just sent you a message.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for reaching back, @SRV1.

Do you send it through a private message? I'm not able to receive any private messages.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
SRV1
Channel Surfer

Very odd. Let me send it to you. See below

issue-tracker.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SRV1

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along the information that you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos