Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foolios
Level 7

Can not log into Sling TV via Roku 3900X-Roku Express

I can log into Sling TV via PC, Samsung Tablet, and I can mirror it to two TV's, as well as I can mirror it to the Roku Device in question.
The problem is that I can not log into the Sling TV application on the Roku device in question.
Using the HDMI and USB cable and power adapter that shipped with the device. Plugged into HDMI Port 1 of the Samsung TV that will be described below.

Television Make and Model: Samsung UN58J5190AF XZA Version: ISO1
Sling TV ERROR: Unexpected error 10-3 followed by error 10-1 upon selecting OK.
Channel Version: 5.4 Build 64
Roku Model: 3900X-Roku Express
Roku Serial #: YG005Y816691
Roku Software Version: 8.00 - Build 3092-51
Wifi Signal Level: Good to Excellent
Cable Internet Connection via Comcast: 75mbps with speedboost package. Speedtest.net results: 84mbps download consistent with 11mbps upload stream average via several tests.
HDMI Resolution: 1920x1080/60p
Sling TV Member for two weeks: Blue Service.

Other channels that are working just fine on Roku device: Netflix, Crackle, Vudu, Comedy Central, iHeartRadio.
The only channel with the login problem is the SlingTV Channel.

I ticked the display password option to show that the password is indeed correct. No issues with sling TV on any other device. 
And I can mirrorcast to the Roku via my Samsung Tablet.
The one thing that I do notice is that when casting to the Roku device via the tablet, is that the resolution is not full, it seems scaled down to 720 or something. Doesn't fill the TV screen when casting.

Any ideas or suggestions as how to log into SlingTV via the Roku device would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Can not log into Sling TV via Roku 3900X-Roku Express

Launch the Sling TV app. Do you get a splash screen presenting you with Watch Now 7 Days Free and Sign In options? Or do you get the Sling TV menu (with possibly a Welcome to the New Sling TV popup)?

If the former, then you are likely not logged in to Sling TV (regardless of it working properly/as expected). If the latter, you are logged in, even though it's not working properly.

If the latter, from the top menu, scroll all the way to the right to the Settings icon, then Account > Sign Out

Next, exit the app (HOME will suffice).

Highlight the Sling TV app from the Home Screen, press the Options button, select Remove Channel.

After the channel is removed, reboot the Roku. Do not skip this step. (Don't skip any step, but I'm trying to point out that this is a critical part of the remove/reinstall process, if you ever need to remove/reinstall a channel in the future; it's actually remove/reboot/reinstall.)

Reinstall the app.

Launch the app.

Try entering your Sling TV login and password and see if it's working now.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
foolios
Level 7

I will follow your instructions.
I had uninstalled the app previously, then reinstalled, then rebooted.

But the order I will try is; uninstall the slingtv app, reboot the device-off for at least 10 seconds, then reinstall the slingtv app.

I will post back the results shortly.

Thanks for the instructions.
0 Kudos
foolios
Level 7

It didn't make any changes to the login errors.

I forgot to mention an answer to one of your questions.

get a splash screen presenting you with Watch Now 7 Days Free and Sign In options

Never been able to log in as of yet. Just got the Roku device yesterday and the first thing it did when I plugged in is it updated itself.

Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Foolios, I see you rebooted your 3900 after uninstalling.  Try deleting the app again, and unplugging the Roku for 5 minutes.  Plug the unit back in, re-add the app, and try logging in again.

If that doesn't work, change your SlingTV password to something simple (no special characters, just letters and/or numbers) and logging in via the Roku with the new password.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
... Try deleting the app again, and unplugging the Roku for 5 minutes.  Plug the unit back in, re-add the app, and try logging in again....

Is this (unplugging for 5 minutes) a new wrinkle for all Roku devices, just the current lineup, just the Express, for v8.0 software, or what? My understanding was that the reboot between removal and re-installation helped clear out data related to the app on the local device. Does this new wrinkle mean that newer devices (or devices running newer software) can keep items in memory that will purge after a few minutes of no power?

Or is it something simpler?

Thanks.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Basil" wrote:

Thanks.

My peace of mind Smiley Happy
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
"Basil" wrote:

Thanks.

My peace of mind Smiley Happy

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best. Sorry for the over-analyzation. I hope no one takes that question and runs with it.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
foolios
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Foolios, I see you rebooted your 3900 after uninstalling.  Try deleting the app again, and unplugging the Roku for 5 minutes.  Plug the unit back in, re-add the app, and try logging in again.

If that doesn't work, change your SlingTV password to something simple (no special characters, just letters and/or numbers) and logging in via the Roku with the new password.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!
OMG, IT's BEAUTIFUL!
It finally worked after following the directions for app uninstall and password change.
The password had the @ symbol in it. Made one up without it and it seemed to do the trick after refresh.
Thanks again!
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Good deal!  I'll let the team know!
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos