Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akumar
Level 7

Can not add Amazon Prime video on Roku Premiere

Dear Sir, 

I am unable to find Amazon prime video in my New Roku premiere. I have prime account and watch it on any device, such as mobile phone, iPad, Desktop computer, Laptop. But I could not add in my new Roku Premiere.

Please help me to solve this issue.

I am located at Singapore.

It has been grayed out (add channel) please find attached image for reference.

prime video.JPG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can not add Amazon Prime video on Roku Premiere

That means that Prime Video is not available for Roku devices in your country. Roku themselves cannot control that. Only the channel provider, in this case Amazon, can make their channel available in your location. Yes, Prime Video might be available there, but Amazon has to update their channel to make it available on Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mme3924
Level 7

Same problem.  New Roku Premiere will not access Prime, and yet old Roku did access Prime.  They think it's a connection problem and recommend I go to Primevideo/uk.  But I'm in the US!   Amazon Prime needs to get their act in order!  

0 Kudos
vvkvaranasi
Level 7

Even I am getting same problem in India Roku Premiere even Disney is also not coming which are very important to me.. 

How to solve this problem my stick under warranty and purchased in April 

Pl. suggest any solutions.. do we have facility to add the app from Mobile like FireTv Apps2Fire?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@vvkvaranasi please edit your post and remove your email address. It's very dangerous to post your email on a public forum.

You are located somewhere that most likely has geographic restrictions on those channels. It doesn't matter if Prime Video or Disney+ are available in India. The channel developers must configure the Roku channel store to allow their channel to be used there. I must also point out that Roku isn't officially supported in your country, so there's no assurance any channel will work there. 

If you go to the Roku home web page, at the bottom is a link to change the country you are located in. Only supported countries are listed there. India is not one of the listed countries 

Dan

0 Kudos
vvkvaranasi
Level 7

thanks for the suggestion.. but it is sold in India thru amazon.in

https://www.amazon.in/Roku-Premiere-Streaming-Player-Premium/dp/B07HDBZN7Q/ref=sr_1_1?crid=G20UJD96O...

because of positive reports I purchased can you exchange this ROku premiere with a roku that support these two apps

0 Kudos
renojim

It wouldn't matter what Roku device you have.  It's all about where you are located.

0 Kudos