Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveV
Level 7

Can not add All4 or My5 channels

Hi,

I am trying to add the UK streaming/catchup channels All4 and My5, I can not find them in the Roku channel store via the Roku box but I can find them in the Roku store via my windows pc. When I add them via the pc I can not find them via the Roku box. Can anyone suggest where to start or what additional info you want me to provided.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Can not add All4 or My5 channels

If they aren't listed in the channel store on the player, then the channels are either not compatible with your player (it may be too old) or the channels aren't available in your location. The web site will often show channels that are not available in your locale, but the player is the definitive place to find supported channels. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Are the PC and the Roku on the same network?  (ie: I'm wondering if the PC and the player appear to be in different locations to Roku.)

Also, is it a reasonably modern/recent player?  Some channels won't work on early Roku players.

0 Kudos
DaveV
Level 7

Hi,

Many thanks for the responses. To answer the questions.

The pc, roku and tv are all on the same sub net.

The roku is a roku express 3930EU running software version 9.4.0 build 4210-AE and is updated regularly. The two channels I am trying to add are steaming / catch up channels for major UK TV networks where I am located. These use to be on my Samsung TV but were deleted for reasons unknown.

Any further thoughts, it seems a shame to think about replacing the TV or the roku ...

David

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Are you physically located in the UK and was your Roku account created in the UK?  Is there any VPN involved or anything else that may mask your true location?

What happens if you try to add them from the website?
https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/6c1de7956e0cae18c199bd8769153347/all-4
https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/4d78d7d6d4b6ef1441ad765cadaefcc0/my5

0 Kudos
DaveV
Level 7

Hi,

We are physically located in the UK, the account was created here and there are no VPNs involved. Your links bring up the apps pages but the load button is not active.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

I'm running out of ideas.  I'm not in the UK, but I notice if I open the links I provided in a private browser window and not logged into my Roku account it gives me the option to add the channel.  If I click the button it then wants me to log in.  You might want to try something like that - either a private window or clearing all your cookies and trying one of the links.  If that fails the only other suggestion I have is to perform a factory reset and create a new Roku account.

Sorry.

0 Kudos