Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
queentiz

Can I watch OAN on Roku since it has been deleted on Direct TV?

Since Direct TV has opted out of showing OAN, can I watch it on Roku or this company will become Woke also? If so...I will not be interested. I want to watch what I want NOT what they tell me to watch.

12 REPLIES 12
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I watch OAN on Roku since it has been deleted on Direct TV?

@queentiz 

Have you not been to the Roku Channel Store? Have you not searched for OAN on the Roku?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
queentiz

No..hence my question...I am with Direct TV and I am looking to change. I saw on Roku they have have OAN I just want to make sure they keep it before I make the change

DBDukes

@queentiz 

So you don't have a Roku device?

If you ever want to see what apps there are on Roku: https://channelstore.roku.com/ 

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

No one can predict in advance who will keep anything.  If you marry yourself to a single content provider/channel, expect to hop around now and then.

0 Kudos
queentiz

No not yet..I am just looking for the best solution right now. Thank you

0 Kudos
Steve32
Streaming Star

OAN has been in the process of transitioning to a new subscription model over the last couple months.  OAN launched a new service last week called "OAN Live", which allows you to subscribe directly to the OAN live feed from OAN's website, and watch it on different streaming devices, including Roku.  If Roku drops them for some reason, you can find a different device to watch them without changing your subscription.  The old OAN channel used Roku to manage subscriptions and is no longer functioning.

0 Kudos
longbull

I have been watching OAN on Roku for quite a while. It was free for most of that time and then last year I started paying something like $3.99 a month for OAN. Last month I could no longer open the OAN app. It says my subscription has ended. When I try to renew it will not allow me to. Even on the Roku website it will not allow me to update my subscription.

So yes, I believe Roku went Woke. Why do these people have to destroy everything they don't like.

longbull

Interesting. I was wondering why my subscription was abruptly ended with no option to renew. As far as the OAN live I need to try it again but the last time I tried it it didn't seem to be live. As far as you know it's live now?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@longbull 

I think you may have been watching OAN Plus/Encore if you were watching for free.  A lot of the free Channels/apps like Roku Channel, Puto, and others carry it  on their LiveTV programming.  The Plus/Encore is previously recorded content, not same day current live TV programming.

I was going to try the OAN Live subscription (the one you are referring to, directly from OAN website), but I am currently watching OAN through KlowdTV OAN Package (2.50/mo) and haven't seen a need to change yet. (This is live programming as well as access to previous shows/hosts).  In addition Klowd also has the OAN Plus/Encore channel.

@DBDukes has a different OAN subscription than I do so maybe he or others can verify if the direct subscription to OAN is working. (I believe it is).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos