Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can I watch Disney+ bought on Roku platform, anywhere else? (Disneys own platform for example)

Jump to solution

I bought Disney+ on Roku but Im not sure how to watch it on my other devices that do not have Roku connected. If not possible to watch on phone or other marketplace platforms, then why should I buy channels on Roku and not from the channel owners directly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Can I watch Disney+ bought on Roku platform, anywhere else? (Disneys own platform for example)

Jump to solution

As you have determined, it doesn't matter where/how you subscribe to D+. The user name and password created when setting up your D+ account can be used on multiple devices. I use the same D+ account on both Roku and an Nvidia Shield without issue. But it is the same with any subscribed channel: the user name and password is associated with that subscription, not your Roku account. The same applies to Netflix, Vudu, Prime, Hulu, etc. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Can I watch Disney+ bought on Roku platform, anywhere else? (Disneys own platform for example)

Jump to solution

BTW I called Disney and they told me to get back to Roku's support, so Im posting this to find out if anyone has similar experience, a good solution or an answer.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. Disney+ claims to have NO knowledge or access to accounts created by ROKU. Roku customer support punts to Disney which then gets punted back. Seems to me that Roku has the account info and needs to provide us with our Disney+ user/password. Otherwise, I'm gonna cut the service purchase through Roku and go direct. We are, by contract, supposed to have access for up to 4 devices with our Disney+ subscription. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Update:  My rage and anger were misplaced. Note:  Make sure you interview your wife/husband carefully if she/he set up the account and you didn't. Apparently, the username and password are created by the us, the customer, when signing up for the account. Make sure you use the same email address as your Roku account or you'll sow the seeds of confusion when calling Disney+

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

As you have determined, it doesn't matter where/how you subscribe to D+. The user name and password created when setting up your D+ account can be used on multiple devices. I use the same D+ account on both Roku and an Nvidia Shield without issue. But it is the same with any subscribed channel: the user name and password is associated with that subscription, not your Roku account. The same applies to Netflix, Vudu, Prime, Hulu, etc. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos