Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gil_Dawson
Level 7

Can I search for movie titles on Roku using a web browser?

On my Roku/TV I can search for a movie by title and look at the various channels and options on which it might be available.

On the Roku.com web browser, is there a capability to perform a similar search?  I could not find it.

--Gil

--Gil
0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Can I search for movie titles on Roku using a web browser?

Mine (Android version) comes up with the Roku Channel pre-selected at the bottom.  In the upper right corner is a magnifying glass icon superimposed over the picture.  Clicking this brings up the search dialog.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Ouch
Level 7

Not even close to answering question. 

0 Kudos
Ouch
Level 7

You cannot search for movie titles at Roku website using your browser. You can only search for Channels they support.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@Ouch wrote:

Not even close to answering question. 

Mea culpa.  Actually, it's "Not even close to UNDERSTANDING the question."

OP asked "On the Roku.com web browser, is there a capability to perform a similar search?  I could not find it.".   There is no such thing as a Roku.com web browser, and we frequently get people on here that use the wrong names for things, so that didn't seem unusual.  Don't know why I didn't think of the (now obvious) possibility he was talking about using a web browser to go to Roku.com, especially since it is spelled out pretty well in the thread title.   But instead I figured the question was about the Roku mobile app and I answered accordingly.   Anyway, now he should know of a way to do his search not involving his TV or Roku unit, which is sort of what he asked for.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos