Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rginns

Can I reprogram buttons for services I don't use?

Jump to solution

I don't want an ESPN button that I accidentally press from time to time. I don't have Sling. I don't want HULU. Can I reprogram the buttons?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can I reprogram buttons for services I don't use?

Jump to solution

No. They are hard-coded to select certain apps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No. They are hard-coded to select certain apps.

0 Kudos
Starranger01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I love a lot about the handheld remote, especially how easy it learns the correct commands for my tv to adjust volume and power off.  However the hard coded dedicated buttons for streaming services I don’t use are annoying.  Also, the location of the volume and mute buttons could be improved so accidental activation could be reduced.

clivew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Inability to do this is VERY annoying! I will never use Disney, Hulu, Sling

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jump to solution

Apparently not, im guessing its in the contract that disney holds over the head of Roku.

Its a shame.  They do have an upgraded remote with 2 personal buttons that are programmable but at $30 not worth it, wish I had known before buying the Disney/Roku Remote!

0 Kudos
meharg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I appreciate a lot about the handheld remote, especially how simple it learns the necessary commands for my tv to modify volume and turn off.

0 Kudos