Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RosieB
Level 7

Can I listen to a subscription music channel on my PC?

Jump to solution

I got a subscription music channel for my husband, but he's on his computer most of the time.  Is there some way I can run an app or something to stream to the computer?  We're on Windows 7 or 8.1 so don't have access to the Win 10 app I've seen mentioned.  BTW, I'm very new to Roku so if you have any info, please be specific and don't assume I know anything Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RosieB
Level 7

Re: Can I listen to a subscription music channel on my PC?

Jump to solution

The channel I wanted to listen to is a small foreign local channel, so it's unlikely they have a web presence but I'll check.  I was just not clear as to what constitutes a "device" for Roku to stream to.  I've seen references to smartphones and Android so didn't know if Windows was possible too.  Thanks for the info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RosieB 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide clarification on the issue you are inquiring about?

Please be aware that Roku devices do not connect to computers for streaming. What channel do you have a music subscription to? It's possible that the channel provider may have their own application online that you can utilize for streaming audio content on a computer.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RosieB
Level 7

Jump to solution

The channel I wanted to listen to is a small foreign local channel, so it's unlikely they have a web presence but I'll check.  I was just not clear as to what constitutes a "device" for Roku to stream to.  I've seen references to smartphones and Android so didn't know if Windows was possible too.  Thanks for the info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos