Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wintersun2021
Level 8

Can I add the new Discovery + to a Roku 2?

I added the channel on the Roku website and it shows added but it doesn’t show on my Roku 2 device. When I try to add it on the Roku 2 I get an error message.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I add the new Discovery + to a Roku 2?

You can add anything you find online via the Roku Channel Store web page to your Roku account. A channel will only download from your account to a device supported by the channel app, however.

I can't yet find any info specifically on which Roku models Discovery wrote their Discovery+ app to support, it's probably too soon, but here's what Discovery Go says it supports so Discovery + may be the same:

• Roku
    • Roku 3
    • Roku Ultra
    • Roku Express
    • Roku Stick
    • Roku Stick+
    • Roku TV
      • All operating system version are supported
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
GigiLori
Level 7

I was able to add Discovery plus to my roku, i subscribed to it through my Roku account, but when I added the Discovery+ channel to my 2nd roku player, it is asking me to sign-in to discovery+ account, but since I set it up through Roku, i don't have an actual Discovery+ account - so how do i get my 2nd Roku player signed in (both are signed into the same Roku account)

my 7 day free trial is almost up, so I may cancel it through the Roku account, and sign up directly with Discovery + if I can't get this worked out in the next day or two.  Same price via Roku or directly through discovery and i'd like to watch it on more than one device

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RGondek
Level 7

I am having the same problem.  Did you cancel the trial?

0 Kudos