Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Can I access Xfinity on Roku in area where Xfinity isn't available?

If I'm traveling and want to use my Roku in an area that doesn't have access to Xfinity, can I still access it?  I know I can't connect to Xfinity on my phone unless I'm "in the area" were I have my account.  TIA!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Can I access Xfinity on Roku in area where Xfinity isn't available?

While I can't say for certain, the answer is probably no. Usually apps for cable providers require you to be connected to their network for it to work. Since I don't consider Comcast as a benevolent provider, I can't see them making it available outside their network.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 15

Re: Can I access Xfinity on Roku in area where Xfinity isn't available?

The Xfinity Roku app is designed to act like a cable box. It will only work if connected to Comcast Internet that is also part of your TV service. In other words, you can't use it at a neighbor's house, even if they also have Comcast.

0 Kudos