Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff15
Level 7

Can I access Nickelodeon live?

When I choose Roku on my streaming stick, the Nick app gives me an option “on Nick now” with an up arrow. (^). But I can’t seem to select that option. The up arrow on the remote does nothing. There is no error message. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I access Nickelodeon live?

@Jeff15 

I'm going to assume you mean you are launching the Nickelodeon app from the Roku home screen menu, and not within the Roku Channel app (I can't find Nickelodeon in that app).

If that is the case, you must sign in with a TV provider to watch much of the content. Not all TV providers allow live viewing within apps. I don't know if that's the case for Nickelodeon and your TV provider.

Which stick do you have? Settings > System > About

Include the Roku software version.

What is your TV provider you used to authenticate the Nickelodeon app?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jeff15
Level 7

Yes I am launching the Nickelodeon app from the Home Screen. I never tried from the roku app.

Is there a better way to watch live content with Roku?.

we have a Verizon FiOS package which includes Nickelodeon.

we have a streaming stick+ 3811x with roku software version 10.0.0.   

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Jeff15 

I think you are using the Nickelodeon app on Roku on a Roku Streaming Stick+ (3811). I'm thinking everything you're talking about is happening solely on your Roku Streaming Stick+. If that's not correct, let me know.

I can launch the Nickelodeon app on Roku and get live streaming content. I would think that you would be able to as well.

There may be a glitch in the app. Try clearing it out by these steps, all of these steps, in this order:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Don't get the steps out of order, and don't skip a step. You'll have to reauthenticate, but if there is a glitch in the app, this should clear it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos