Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mywall
Channel Surfer

Channel Request: CTV channel in Canada

Hi there, I am in Canada and looking for the CTV channels. When I search for it, I get three bizarre, little known channel options. CTV is the largest watched private network in Canada, not sure why none of the various versions are available. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CTV channel in Canada

https://www.ctv.ca/CTVAPP

The channel apps for Roku are created and provided by the channels themselves.  The CTV website lists several devices they have apps for but Roku is not one of them.

Let them know you'd like to view their service via Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Mywall
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your info, I'll let them know!

Any word yet on when Roku will get a CTV channel?

Mywall
Channel Surfer

Not a word from either CTV or the DIY channels! 

Xpuctenna

you can download global tv in canada....and log in if you have paid cable to watch all programs, via Settings.   you can download CTV News -- no logo shown -- with white background on tile. 

Jods2021

Yes, I would like to see CTV available on ROKU!

Lisa65

I as well am most surprised and disappointed that CTV is missing on Roku especially since Global's app is such **bleep** I cant even sign in to it. So far Global is just streaming live news but all other content needs my sign in. I still have a listed cable provider and yet the sign in will not authenticate. POOR.

Valtonia

You can watch a lot of the shows on the Global app without signing for 7 days after they're first aired.  After that you'd need to sign in to watch. 

I agree though that this quite poor. Why should I need a cable subscription to watch stuff that's FTA anyway?  The same applies to CTV. If you download their Android app you still have to sign in with a cable subscription to watch anything.

Syl1
Reel Rookie

Google app called ,canada entertainment, its 1.99 a month but there you'll have ctv,citytv,and a few more canadian  content. Enjoy