Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottyG9
Level 8

CNBC

Yesterday CNBC stopped working on my Roku Express.  I have tested other channels, apps, etc and they work fine.  Is anyone else having problems with CNBC in particular.  The app has been having issues for 2 days now. 

20 Replies
kimon201
Level 7

Re: CNBC

Same Problem 

0 Kudos
ScottyG9
Level 8

Is there anyone at Roku that can help us resolve this issue?  I seem to hit dead ends that take me to the community message board.  There appears to be no customer service with Roku.  I had no idea it was like this.

0 Kudos
ScottyG9
Level 8

I may have found a solution.  In the app settings I logged out of my provider(Xfinity) and then logged in again.  That seems to have fixed my issue. 

JMWaters
Level 7

How did you get to app settings?  I can’t get the channel to stay loaded.  It flashes for a moment and then takes me back to home screen.

0 Kudos
ScottyG9
Level 8

When you are choosing which app to watch, scroll to the CNBC app and before selecting the app, hold the * button.  This will bring up a an options screen which will allow you to remove the app. 

0 Kudos
mykbeau
Level 7

I have had this problem multiple times. It would be nice to have a solid fix.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Oldschool80
Level 7

Seems to have fixed it, doing the restart after removing the app, then installing the CNBC App.  As the issue comes back after a day or so. I will post back if it again happens.

0 Kudos
Puckcoach3
Level 7

It did not fix the problem on mine. CNBC App loads but I can’t get “live” feed. I get a spinning circle from within the app but it never appears. I have tried removing and reloading several times, on multiple Roku devices and incur the same result on all.  What the heck 🤔 ?