Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CNBC plays on 2 minute lag

Jump to solution

New Roku express. CNBC channel is playing fine but it is 2 minutes behind reality. Easy to tell since they have a clock on the screen. How do you get CNBC to come back to real time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: CNBC plays on 2 minute lag

Jump to solution

You need to talk to CNBC. It's nothing Roku can do. It's possible it's deliberate for various market rules.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

You need to talk to CNBC. It's nothing Roku can do. It's possible it's deliberate for various market rules.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. Not sure how one 'talks to CNBC'! Funny that cable doesn't have the same issues to deal with. But I appreciate confirming it's not a Roku settings problem or defective device. I'll just return it if I don't want to watch on delay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Almost all streamed content has at least some buffer.  Even the superbowl was a minute or more behind at times.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exactly what twiceover says. All streaming content will have a lag due to buffering. There is no avoiding it. I stream with AT&T TV and have a one minute lag due to buffering. Sorry but the only way your going to get real time is by having the typical expensive cable tv or satellite providers and even that’s no guarantee. I just have my trading app open and my CNBC app open on my phone when I need to be in real time. I’m not getting a lag on my iPhone. If there is it’s only by a few seconds. 

0 Kudos