Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHEART
Level 7

CNBC needs to be reinstalled EVERY DAY in order to work??

Every morning, the CNBC Channel does not load properly.  The only workaround I have found is to uninstall the channel, then reinstall and then sign into my account again.  Every. Morning.  Has anyone experienced this with this or any other channels?  I'd love any suggestions on how to fix more permanently.  Unsure if this is a Roku issue, or a CNBC issue.... but it's SOOOO Frustrating, argh!  : )   CNBC AND ROKU NEED TO FIX ACCESS TO LIVE CNBC TV  @cnbc @Channels #cnbc #cnbcpro  #channelwontopen #reinstalleveryday 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CNBC needs to be reinstalled EVERY DAY in order to work??

My only suggestion:

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it  before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall. 

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: CNBC needs to be reinstalled EVERY DAY in order to work??

@MHEART 

Yes, there are some other problematic apps - FoxNews is notorious for having to be re-authenticated with TVE credentials every day/session at times.

As @makaiguy indicated, make sure you RESTART your Roku after removing, and before reinstalling.

Otherwise, you'll need to contact/complain to CNBC about it:

https://cnbc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000878014-CONTACT-CUSTOMER-CARE

0 Kudos