Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SG
Level 8

CNBC AND ROKU NEED TO FIX ACCESS TO LIVE CNBC TV

Jump to solution

CNBC TV announced last year the content would be free to stream on Roku - why isn't this available yet?  Issue: False path for the user to follow: Sign-in to provider for code input. NOTHING WORKS for hundreds of users, the path is false and non-working Roku! You need to take the initiative and FIX THE CNBC LIVE TV STREAMING ISSUE.   If this is a rabbit hole with 'DISH' that CNBC is bind to (?) then ROKU should simply ADD ACCESS TO the product/content provider: watchnewslive.tv  the link is: https://watchnewslive.tv/watch-cnbc-live-stream-free-24-7/#

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: CNBC AND ROKU NEED TO FIX ACCESS TO LIVE CNBC TV

Jump to solution

@SG 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact CNBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach CNBC support here: https://cnbc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000878014-CONTACT-CUSTOMER-CARE

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SG 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact CNBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach CNBC support here: https://cnbc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000878014-CONTACT-CUSTOMER-CARE

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
angrygargoyle
Level 7

Jump to solution

Love Roku's interface but I also use it for watching CNBC. I have cable and pay for CNBC through that provider and I use Roku for the streaming services I have.

I am so pissed at Roku now.

When I watch my paid CNBC programming on Roku, I get ads. I get Roku ads that cut into the programming every 3-4 minutes. I have to exit the channel and reselect it to get back to the CNBC stream.

Generally, the user experience works like this..., CNBC has commercials too... typically at around the same time they break from the anchors, a Roku commercial appears. It's obvious because the stock ticker disappears. When CNBC has a commercial, their stock headlines/ticker always remains. 

I don't mind replacing one commercial for another. But, Roku team, you are destroying it. The Roku commercials do not know when to stop and come back. Basically, there are so many commercials it interrupts all of it, there is nothing left to watch. I have to keep exiting and returning to reset to normal programming and then keep getting interrupted by Roku.

So disappointing. I have the targeted ads disabled as well... it does not matter. 

Can you either just stop offering CNBC... basically, it's not there. Or actually provide the service. Make up your mind. False advertising.

Have I missed something ? 

0 Kudos
angrygargoyle
Level 7

Jump to solution

Also worth mentioning... the stream is delayed as well by about 4 min. CNBC keeps a clock on the screen so it's obvious. 

The cable provider delivers it at the correct time. The CNBC site delivers it at the correct time, But, Roku cannot. Why is that ?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@angrygargoyle

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously, for more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact CNBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
angrygargoyle
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny. I appreciate your reply but it is a tough job defending this one. 

Yes, of course, the channel stream comes from CNBC. They made the channel.

Can you explain who selects those special ads ? Who is collecting the ad revenue ? That would help.

What triggers the ads ? I mean if CNBC put ads in, I would not expect them to interrupt the programming. It seems like there is some imperfect algorithm inserting those ads.

It just does not quite make sense.

0 Kudos