Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: CLOC Time and Weather Missing

I have know idea where to start. the zip codes in Alaska are reporting the wrong information. Cloc is reporting data from 99669 and not 99603. NOAA may have turned the links to Alaska weather upside down as they just went through an upgrade process that made my weather bookmarks break. I tried 99507 and it did not report correctly either. The way I checked was to type "weather 99603" in google and it agrees with NOAA. Still like the screensaver however.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Thanks for reporting it. I'll check it out.

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

The way the lookup is done now using weather.gov, they're both coming back with the same reporting station.  It looks like NWS is coming out with a new API effective April 7th, so I'm guessing I'll have some work to do or it will stop working completely for everyone.  :-(

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Weather data is missing as of last night.
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

What ZIPCODE? It's working for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Any and all zip codes for Manhattan ....   i.e.  100xx.
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

It looks like weather.gov is making some changes. Try the private version:
https://my.roku.com/add/CLOCPRI

Should be v2.5 build 2

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks, JT.   But, interestingly enough, 100xx zip code data became available as of about 10 AM EDT on the public channel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Yeah, something strange is going on.  My data disappeared for a short period and then came back.  They have a notice on their website that their API is changing (soon), so I fear that there are more changes in the works and headaches ahead.  :-)

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Had been using this for well over a year .. love it. A month or so ago it stopped reporting the weather. I loaded the private version, which worked with the default zip code, but not mine. Went to weather.gov and it told me closest city, which is a good 20 miles away. whatever service it was using before worked much better. Love this app.
0 Kudos