Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: CLOC Time and Weather Missing

Jim,

As of this moment the (private) app is showing the time and date, but nothing on the weather. I'm in a rural area so a local outage of some kind could be the culprit. Just a heads up for now and I'll let you know if it continues.

Edit (01:22 Eastern): Still nothing on the weather.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Out in NC as well.
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Give me a couple of ZIP codes to try so I can take a look.

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Thanks for the prompt attention, Jim.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

But mine was back to  normal when I awoke just now. Many thanks for the fast service!
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I just changed mine from 'Mayberry' to 'Mt. Pilot' (26501) and it appears fine. I'll try switching it back to 26757 periodically, but it's very likely the weather is very similar two villages over from this one.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My best solution is that I have a Prosumer weather station setup at my house. I have a dedicated computer that uploads my weather to the internet. I leverage that information with the other information from the service to see the "big picture" So between my Roku and my weather station, I am dialed in for weather.  
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

That's real nice, but if you read upthread a bit we're using 'RT's' screensaver app that shows time, temp, wind speed, direction, etc - because it's neat, handy and serves a purpose, but typically if I really wanna know what the weather is like I look out the window or go outside.

Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

It looks like 26757 ultimately comes from Greater Cumberland Regional Airport and for whatever reason their reports stopped just before 3:00pm yesterday.

I have seen occasional problems with different reporting stations.
-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Probably cows on the runway or other Rurally induced mayhem. They'll probably get it fixed at some point, but for now Morgantown is reporting fine and that's close enough.

Thanks
0 Kudos