Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: CLOC Time and Weather Missing

You can add the private version here: https://my.roku.com/add/CLOCPRI

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am using the private CLOC screensaver and a couple of days ago my weather information disappeared and all I get is the time and a message that says “Data is Old” on the screen. Is there a way to fix this or do we just have to wait? I really miss seeing the temperature and other information. 

I have checked other zip codes near me as I saw someone in an earlier post say it worked for them, but every one of them gives the same message.

Please fix soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Same problem for me. Only showing 9:23:15 am. as I type this. No weather info. Please fix. BTW my Zipcode is 92506 if this helps.
0 Kudos
Level 12

"rwhewitt" wrote:
Same problem for me. Only showing 9:23:15 am. as I type this. No weather info. Please fix. BTW my Zipcode is 92506 if this helps.

Did you read the other replies from the author, telling the solution of adding the private screensaver instead of the one in the channel store?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

It appears that weather.gov is undergoing some kind of transition to a new API. I can't even get a current observation on their website. Both public and private versions may not be operational for a while.

Sorry,
-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@renojim So looks like weather.gov is working now. Will you be updating the cloc screensaver? I sooo miss it!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

The private version should be working.  Someday I'll get to updating the channel store version, but it's not a trivial change (private channels can still use old components that public channels cannot).  It's on my list of things to do, but it's pretty far down the list.

-JT

0 Kudos