Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: CLOC Time and Weather Missing

What ZIP code?
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have been using this screensaver for years and love it. But last week it wouldn’t update and showed the weather from 2/21 @ about 11 pm for a few days and now a couple of days ago the weather completely went away. I have tried multiple zip codes in my area and none of them are working. The zip codes I have been using are for the Portland, OR metro area, 97008, 97007, 97006, 97229. I have also downloaded the private version and neither one is working.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Seems like the weather.gov feed is down Smiley Sad been hopIng my WX data would start showing up again but no luck... anyone have ideas? RenoJim still around?

Amended: I checked the weather.gov data for 78249 and it's there, so I tried adding the private channel and we're back in business! This is the best screensaver available!

-J
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just got off chatting with customer service as to why the weather disappeared and formatting completely off.  The explanation I received was they are no longer supporting this screensaver and it should have been deleted from the last upgrade.  I notice they now offer both digital & analog clocks, but without options on formatting, or any weather included.  

Apparently the private app is the only way to get the same screensaver we've had for years.  So much "improvement" they're making Roku less, not more, utilitarian.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

The Channel Store version was published today. It just goes to show you that you can't believe everything customer service says. Smiley Very Happy

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

My zipcode 94703 says "Data is old", but adjacent zipcodes have data.  Both CLOC and CLOC-private.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

It's telling you the the weather station for that ZIP Code is probably out of order. The current observation for that ZIP Code has no useful information (other than the Date field that states, "Data is Old"). The National Weather Service uses volunteers with weather reporting stations in their backyards or wherever to supply the weather reports CLOC uses and sometimes they go down. It will probably come back in a day or two or you can just use a nearby ZIP Code.

If your interested, that weather reporting station is located at latitude 37.85183,
longitude -122.28783.

-JT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Does anyone know how to regain the weather, humidity and wind on the CLOC app screensaver.  When I first installed it, it worked great for several months and then all of a sudden, I only get the time stamp.  I've also tried to download the "private" Cloc app today, however, it is not showing up on my roku channels or screensavers.

PLEASE bring back the missing features on the CLOC app, as it was wonderful waking up in the morning and glancing at the TV and seeing the time, weather temp, and humidity, as I also live at the beach and that information is priceless!

I would also be willing to pay for those added features if need be!

Thanks You
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

"clady2000" wrote:
Does anyone know how to regain the weather, humidity and wind on the CLOC app screensaver.  When I first installed it, it worked great for several months and then all of a sudden, I only get the time stamp.  I've also tried to download the "private" Cloc app today, however, it is not showing up on my roku channels or screensavers.

PLEASE bring back the missing features on the CLOC app, as it was wonderful waking up in the morning and glancing at the TV and seeing the time, weather temp, and humidity, as I also live at the beach and that information is priceless!

I would also be willing to pay for those added features if need be!

Thanks You

The private "CLOC private" (<---will be the actual name of the current screensaver when selected <--- that can be less than intuitive in practice) does work, even now out here in the armpit of the universe. You do have to make sure you have the most recent and the private channel is the one actually selected. I deleted the public version, so there wouldn't be any confusion.
0 Kudos