Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
meebzorp
Level 7

CLOC Time and Weather Missing

Since yesterday, the screensaver CLOC displays the time OK, but not the weather. I've tried a couple of known zip codes in different states... no luck.

So A) am I the only one with this problem and
B) if not, does anyone know how to contact the developer?

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

The Meebster
0 Kudos
54 Replies
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: CLOC Time and Weather Missing

"meebzorp" wrote:
Since yesterday, the screensaver CLOC displays the time OK, but not the weather. I've tried a couple of known zip codes in different states... no luck.

So A) am I the only one with this problem and
B) if not, does anyone know how to contact the developer?

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

I think you just did... same here.
If history is any indication it should be fixed shortly.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

I updated the private version last night. Make sure you have the latest; it should be v2.4 build 3. You can get the version (assuming you have v7.x firmware) by pressing the * button when you've highlighted LED Time & Weather (p) under Screensavers. There may be some kinks to work out. I had to switch to weather.gov and it appears that some locations do things differently. If the private version isn't working, please let me know the ZIP code so I can see what's happening. If you don't have the private version, you can add it here. If it appears everything is working ok over the weekend I'll submit the public version which will probably take a few days for Roku to approve and push out.

-JT
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

I removed the public version, installed the Private channel and it's working fine now.

Thanks Jim.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

"renojim" wrote:
...If it appears everything is working ok over the weekend I'll submit the public version which will probably take a few days for Roku to approve and push out.

-JT

That is real optimism!! Roku has become VERY unnecessarily slow and plodding in approving channels for a while. An update to Plex took weeks and I know of several others that were not even close to the "few days" time frame. That is unless Roku has reached out to the universe and changed the basic definition of "few" or altered time to make a "day" be a lot longer that it truly is.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

^^ That's why I installed the private version. Seemed a great way to bypass some unnecessary downtime.
0 Kudos

renojim, can you make the secondary sample time's readout in 12-hr format? (Or perhaps make the latter also follow the user's choice for the main clock time in Display Options > Format.)
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
0 Kudos
Ignats
Level 7

Thank you so much for this update. I love being able to wake up and see the weather and time on my tv. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
meebzorp
Level 7

Thanks renojim!

I've noticed a bonus for weather geeks like me who turn on ALL info. I now see the wind gusts as in :

WNW 1mph G9

Cool!

Thanks again,

The Meebster
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

I've noticed some areas provide gust info and others don't. I've also seen wind speed with and without direction, so what you get seems to be dependent on where you are.

-JT
0 Kudos