Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschlie
Level 8

CLOC Private not updating for zip code 46360

Jump to solution

Weather data has not updated for zip code 46360 on CLOC Private for quite a while. I believe it's been nearly 24 hours at this point.

Is there any way to verify that the weather station for the zip code is up and operational? Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CLOC Private not updating for zip code 46360

Jump to solution

That weather station is from Michigan City Municipal Airport and it's not reporting any data right now.  You can try changing the screensaver settings to a different ZIP code near you.

This will show you the data the screensaver is getting for the current conditions for 46360:
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.70829500000008&lon=-86.89295499999997

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@renojim   Should be able to help you.

renojim

Jump to solution

That weather station is from Michigan City Municipal Airport and it's not reporting any data right now.  You can try changing the screensaver settings to a different ZIP code near you.

This will show you the data the screensaver is getting for the current conditions for 46360:
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.70829500000008&lon=-86.89295499999997

0 Kudos
jschlie
Level 8

Jump to solution

@renojim thanks for the info. Also, we just purchased a new 4K Roku and I can't seem to find a reference for the page to install the private version. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@jschlie, if your new Roku is linked to the same Roku account as your old one it should be automatically installed.  If it's linked to a different account, you can add it with this link:

https://my.roku.com/account/add/CLOCPRI

0 Kudos
jschlie
Level 8

Jump to solution

@renojim I thought the same thing, but it didn't come through. I just tried adding it again and it's not showing up. I restarted it and still nothing.

The model is 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Any issues that you know of with this particular model?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I don't know of any issues, but I don't have one of those to check.  Make sure that once you added it from the website you do a check for updates from Settings->System->System update.  It should show up under Settings->Theme->Screensavers listed under "My screensavers".  If it doesn't, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

I suppose it's possible that it's not supported on that device since it hasn't been updated in years and uses components that have been deprecated.  Some day I'll get around to updating the public one, but I can't say when that will be.

0 Kudos
jschlie
Level 8

Jump to solution

@renojim that's the weird thing, the public version is available and works to some degree. It only shows the time and freezes up randomly, but it installs and loads. It's just weird that the public one shows up and the private one doesn't.

Well, in any case, I sincerely hope you get the itch to update it soon. Call it 'CLOC 2.0' and charge a couple of bucks for it. I know I wouldn't mind supporting an updated version. 

Drop your PayPal link in here and I'll send you a few bucks to get you started on the update.

0 Kudos