Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karfy76
Level 7

CBS app installed in Roku account. Advertised as "free" but ....

Jump to solution

As a new Roku user, I added the CBS app (Not CBS All Access) to my account. My understanding is that all CBS programs are free, however I cannot get access to some programs and episodes I would like to watch (such as CBS This Morning). Do I have to buy a subscription - is that the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: CBS app installed in Roku account. Advertised as "free" but ....

Jump to solution

I just looked at the CBS channel in the channel store. It does indicate that it offers some content for free, but it also says you can enter your TV provider credentials (such as a cable or satellite account) for full access. That means there's only a limited amount of content available for free, and the rest requires a subscription. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: CBS app installed in Roku account. Advertised as "free" but ....

Jump to solution

I just looked at the CBS channel in the channel store. It does indicate that it offers some content for free, but it also says you can enter your TV provider credentials (such as a cable or satellite account) for full access. That means there's only a limited amount of content available for free, and the rest requires a subscription. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post