Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

CBS all access, now Paramount plus won't activate.

Hi, I was a subscriber to CBS all access. I never needed a provider (or had a provider linked to my account). Until CBS ALLACCESS switched to paramount plus I never had problems logging-in or signing in (using my ROKU box). I was always able to log-in simply over the internet. To activate my CBS All ACCESS account via my ROKU BOX I would simply enter a code I was given. Paramount Plus won't let me enter a code without a provider.  I do not have a provider. I never had a provider. Now Paramount Plus won't let me log in to my account. Since Paramount Plus charged me a yearly subscription I would like to have access to my account. My account renewed on March 15th 2021. This means I have nearly a year left to my subscription however I have no access to Paramount Plus on my ROKU box. FYI: I tried calling  Paramount plus (using 2 phones) and was on hold for 2 hours. So from Paramount plus I would like one of 2 things: Either help me have access to my account now, without a provider or refund my money in full (& I will sign up for Paramount Plus using my Amazon Prime account.). Also emails were not answered & I couldn't get through via chat. 

3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: CBS all access, now Paramount plus won't activate.

It's been a while since I set up Paramount+ here, with an account subscribed to directly on the paramountplus.com website, but I think I recall that the way I made it work on the Paramount+ Roku app was to attempt to play a program, and it would give me the chance to log in to an existing account or create a new subscription.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
JC14779
Level 7

Thank you! I was experiencing the same issue. Your solution worked for me!

makaiguy
Level 21

Thanks for reporting back.  Most times we don't get feedback on whether the advice we're giving is any good.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi