Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS all access Canada breaking Roku policy ?

So recently my cbs all access app stopped working I emailed them about it this is what they said 

thank k you for contacting CBS All Access. We apologize for any inconvenience. We understand how frustrating this can be and would like to get your issue resolved as quickly as possible. We would like to make sure the Limit Ad Tracking setting for your Roku device is disabled. We have provided instructions below, to locate this setting on your Roku device. Once this has been disabled, please reply to this message to let us know if this resolved the issue for you.

On your Roku
1. From the Roku Home Screen, select "Settings" from the Roku menu.
2. Select "Privacy".
3. Select "Advertising".
4. Select "Limit ad tracking". (make sure this box is unchecked)

Thanks so much, and I look forward to helping you further!

This step does work but the function of this channel should not be tied to a privacy related setting? in fact roku states that hen Limit Ad Tracking is set to true on a Roku device, you will not personalize ads based on Data tied to RIDAs or otherwise deliver personalized ads to that device. no where does it say this setting should determine application functionality and yet CBS app will not launch when checked.

In Fact Roku States

• You will publicly post and abide by a privacy policy that describes your collection and use of Data.
  • You must not retarget end users based on IP addresses, or facilitate others to do so.
  • You are responsible for ensuring that your service providers abide by these Roku Data Guidelines.
  • You will not knowingly allow or facilitate the violation of these Roku Data Guidelines by anyone.

Thoughts anyone? this really does seem wrong to me on CBS all accesses part

0 Kudos