Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nico1
Level 7

CBS/Paramount not allowing access to content via Roku 2 XS

Jump to solution

Have Amazon Prime w/ CBS Account.

On Apple TV, I can view Amazon/CBS shows, I.e. Perry Mason.

On Roku 2 XS in another room, it says content not available for Perry Mason.

Of course Roku support can not be contacted, and have not seen any posts re this.

Reluctant to buy another Roku if no support. Maybe buy another Apple, but pricey.

Any ideas from the community ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: CBS/Paramount not allowing access to content via Roku 2 XS

Jump to solution

Your Roku 2 XS model 3100 was first released in 2011 in Roku's 2nd generation.  Models currently available are generations 8 & 9.  Roku has declared the 2 XS to be a legacy model and it stopped updating the Roku operations software for it at version 9.1 (current supported models are on 10.0). 

The 2 XS will continue to work for those channel apps that are still programed to run on it but many channel app providers as they update the Roku versions of their apps now require the advanced capabilities of more current models and won't run on the 2 XS at all.

And even if Amazon Prime still runs on it, that doesn't necessarily mean all the additional channels you may subscribe to through Amazon will still run on it.

After 10 years it's time to retire that antique and upgrade to a current model.  A current model not only will run all current channel apps, but they are much faster and more responsive than retired legacy models.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

Your Roku 2 XS model 3100 was first released in 2011 in Roku's 2nd generation.  Models currently available are generations 8 & 9.  Roku has declared the 2 XS to be a legacy model and it stopped updating the Roku operations software for it at version 9.1 (current supported models are on 10.0). 

The 2 XS will continue to work for those channel apps that are still programed to run on it but many channel app providers as they update the Roku versions of their apps now require the advanced capabilities of more current models and won't run on the 2 XS at all.

And even if Amazon Prime still runs on it, that doesn't necessarily mean all the additional channels you may subscribe to through Amazon will still run on it.

After 10 years it's time to retire that antique and upgrade to a current model.  A current model not only will run all current channel apps, but they are much faster and more responsive than retired legacy models.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

Nico1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks makaiguy !

Excellent analysis and solution. Warp speed reply.

I will update my antique immediately. Time flies, but didn’t realize it was that long.

Yes, 10 years is way more than one can expect today’s electronics to last. Kudos to Roku for making a robust product.

Again, much obliged for the recommendation, it saved me a lot of time and money.

0 Kudos