Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_kipe
Level 8

CBS, Paramount+ and other channels.

Jump to solution

I want to use CBS, but when I open it it wants me to verify through my tv service provider. I only use my cable for internet.  So a little help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 17

Re: CBS, Paramount+ and other channels.

Jump to solution

Yes, don’t use cable-related apps if you don't use cable.  In the channel store, if you see "Cable subscription required" then that is not an app for you.  However, Paramount+ allows you to sign up and pay them directly, so that one should work.

View solution in original post

Strega
Level 17

Jump to solution

Paramount Plus has two plans: The Essential plan doesn't include live streaming of your local CBS station, but the Premium plan does.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
Strega
Level 17

Jump to solution

Yes, don’t use cable-related apps if you don't use cable.  In the channel store, if you see "Cable subscription required" then that is not an app for you.  However, Paramount+ allows you to sign up and pay them directly, so that one should work.

CBSfan
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have Paramount Plus installed with a subscription, but no live streaming of CBS mainline news programs like CBS News Mornings (Gail King, et al) or Norah McDonald’s CBS Nightly News. What seems to be available are previous days stories. If you can’t get live news on Paramount Plus, what good is it? Am I missing something here? Help!

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 17

Jump to solution

Paramount Plus has two plans: The Essential plan doesn't include live streaming of your local CBS station, but the Premium plan does.

J_kipe
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, this is true. I did choose the premium package. My error was to select the CBS channel to watch from. It was my error. We are really liking Roku.