Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS News App Not Working

Jump to solution

As of last evening when you try to open the CBSN app it starts and shows a cookie message and when I select OK it goes back to the Roku home screen. I've never seen the cookie message before so I assume they have updated the app.

I've uninstalled and re-installed and rebooted the Roku Stick+

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: CBS News no longer available?

Jump to solution

I am having a similar problem with two devices. In my case I can go to the app and it appears to start until it goes to start.

This is a CBS problem, not Roku issue. They had to close their New York studio due to the C. Virus (2 emp!oyees have it) and are disinfecting the studio today. They broadcasted the morning show from Washington. I only know this from their app which I watched from my tablet. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi.  CBS News is listed in my lineup but won't load.  i've been using it for 3 years without a problem.

i tried removing it and adding it back to my lineup, doing a Roku system update, doing a CBS News update.  Nothing works.

When i try to load the channel, i get a screen telling me i have to allow cookies.  i click "ok" and it goes back to the Roku home screen.

Can anyone help?  Thanks!!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having a similar problem with two devices. In my case I can go to the app and it appears to start until it goes to start.

This is a CBS problem, not Roku issue. They had to close their New York studio due to the C. Virus (2 emp!oyees have it) and are disinfecting the studio today. They broadcasted the morning show from Washington. I only know this from their app which I watched from my tablet. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

a-ha!   thanks!  that explains why their website says they're broadcasting from boston!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem - CBSN icon is there but the channel won't load. i've tried updating and it's still not loading. Now what? janet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

oh, thanks... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: CBS News App Not Working

Jump to solution

I also have the same problem. So frustrating. It was the only news channel I had access to here in Canada on Roku since no other free news channels exist on Roku in Canada. Reuters dissappeared and everything else is junk.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That makes sense except I can stream CBSN on my laptop!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS NEWS LIVE 24/7 failed Retrieving

Jump to solution

Hi.

My Roku keeps going back to Home screen when I click this channel. It starts Video Retrieving screen then back to Home screen.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks! that explains it...hope everyone is ok

0 Kudos