Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobCN
Level 7

CBS Mornings content missing on Roku Ultra

This morning seems to be my time for streaming issues. I was watching CBS Mornings on YouTube TV via Roku Ultra. The local station cut away to breaking news. I went to Paramount Plus to continue watching the show. 

To my great surprise, the page for CBS Mornings shows NO content AT ALL on the Roku. Other CBS News shows like CBS Evening News & 60 minutes have many full episodes and seasons going back years.

So I went to Paramount Plus website on my Windows PC. On the website I find a number of short clips from this mornings show, but still no full episodes. I called Paramount Plus and was told that there are "rights issues" concerning CBS Mornings. This makes NO SENSE AT ALL since I'm watching a CBS produced show on a CBS owned streaming service. What rights issues can there be with all entities entirely within ViacomCBS???

For this forum, I'm looking for an explanation for why the ROKU Ultra shows NO content at all for CBS Mornings on Paramount Plus while the website at least has clips from the show.

Anyone know what's going on?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CBS Mornings content missing on Roku Ultra

@RobCN 

CBS Interactive makes the Paramount+ app. If content isn't showing, it's because of something -- intentional or otherwise -- it's because of something with the app. Either they decided to not offer it (intentional) or there's a service or app glitch (unintentional/otherwise).

Try restarting the Roku device. Sometimes that actually resolves it.

If that doesn't, they these steps:

1. Remove the app
  2. Restart the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

You have to do all three steps, and do them in that order. Any other order is the wrong order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
RobCN
Level 7

I did restart the device a couple of times.  No change with that.

Also checked the software version number. It's up to date with Ver 10.0.0 Build 4209

Will try removing and reinstalling the app.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@RobCN wrote:

... Will try removing and reinstalling the app.

Don't forget the reboot between the remove and reinstall.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos