Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarbK
Binge Watcher

CBS Free app not loading goes back to home

CBS app - the free one  - has been a problem for awhile - makes me sign on with my provider every time I load it.  However, now, as of about a week or so ago - will not load at all - I get the blue circle and then it comes back to the ROKU home screen.  I have tried reinstalling, restarting, updating and everything.  Yes I know the right order to do it in.  Happens on my Ultra and on my ROKU stick.  This is frustrating.  I can watch CBS on cable, but sometimes I want to watch episodes in another room where my stick is.  Is CBS thinking this will make me buy Paramount +?  I dont think so......  Somebody help.

Tags (1)
57 REPLIES 57
BLM7
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS Free app not loading goes back to home

just bought my roku ultra last week and having same issue with cbs. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BLM7

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Cshell

I have been on the phone with HULU all morning because of this same issue with the HULU app and came here after to look for solutions. This is what fixed it for me! Thank You so much!! 

0 Kudos
BarbK
Binge Watcher

I am still having problems - this solution does not work for me on either of my ROKU platforms.  It is only the CBS app that does this.  This was after many months of having to reinstall the app and re sign in with my provider every time I wanted to view anything.

Rons32259

Mine is doing the same thing. Only the CBS app.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@BarbK

Thanks for the reply.

If you are still experiencing the same issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Rons32259

Thanks for reaching out. 

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Please also provide us with the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BarbK
Binge Watcher

Ok once again –

For some time, the CBS app would give me an error message when I would first try to load an episode.  It was only resolved if I removed the app, resinstalled, and then signed in with my provider again.

Then, about 3 weeks ago – not sure exactly, when you try to open the app, I get the blue circle and then it goes back to the home menu.  I have removed the app, restarted roku and reinstalled the app numerous times and it still does the same thing.  This happens on both of my roku products, an Ultra and also a stick.

My roku products are current on updates as far as I am informed on the platform.  This DOES NOT happen on any other app that I have been using recently.

(sorry - I replied at first to the email notification but I am assuming I needed to reply here instead)

0 Kudos
BarbK
Binge Watcher

CBS has been worthless so far - thanks a lot

0 Kudos