Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprout43
Level 7

CBS All Access

My CBS app ( Roku TV) suddenly switched my local station from Indiana to a station in Missouri.
How can I get the app back to my local ?
Thanks !
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: CBS All Access

"sprout43" wrote:
My CBS app ( Roku TV) suddenly switched my local station from Indiana to a station in Missouri.
How can I get the app back to my local ?
Thanks !

That should be a setting at CBS.com that controls that. Unless, of course, you're using a VPN. Are you using a VPN?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

Re: CBS All Access

That has happen to me for well over 2 years.

There are 2 major markets in my regional, i live in one of them. Usually i get the local news CBS channel of the major market i live in.  
Then all of a sudden i am getting the local CBS Channel of the Other major market in my area. Then all of a sudden, i get the local news CBS channel in my area again.

My theory:: I think it happens because my internet provider is in the Other major market and the CBS computer system thinks that is where i live and gives me that local CBS channel . 
Then the CBS computer system corrects itself and gives me the local CBS channel in my area.   Then it happens again and again.  No big deal to me, as along as i dont have to go back to using NEWSON and getting ad tortured, i dont mind watching the local CBS channel from another area.
0 Kudos