Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darnell
Level 7

Re: CBS All Access

And I just tested whether the Thursday Night Football game was airing. It gives a message, that the current program is not available for broadcasting. So unlike ESPN on Sling TV, CBS All Access cannot air NFL football games. I assume it's the same story on Sundays.

Shaking my head, they really charge money for this... :roll:
0 Kudos
Darnell
Level 7

If you have a Chromecast, this will be a means to get 2 months free. I'm sure the credentials will work on the Roku app too.

Google Will Offer Two Free Months Of CBS All Access Streaming To Chromecast Users Starting December ...
0 Kudos
kbd48
Level 7

Thanks for the heads up. I've been pleased with my Chromecasts. Right now you can buy a Chromecast and get $20 Google Play credit. I'll probably upgrade my other Chromecast to the newest version.
0 Kudos
mcolwell
Level 7

CBS All Access on the Roku app is in 2.0 sound. This is not acceptable in 2019! Roku support says they use what is given by the content provider. Contacting CBS support is like talking to a black hole, canned responses with no help. I cancelled it, and re-subscribed, at the same price, through my Amazon Prime Video, and, in addition to, imo, the picture being a bit better than either what I get from Xfinity X1, or the Roku app provided by CBS, the audio is in true discreet 5.1 on all the programming mixed that way, which is all the current programming,  and presented in Dolby Digital Plus.
Everything is now as it should be. Enjoy
Mike
0 Kudos
lvporta
Level 7

"mcolwell" wrote:
CBS All Access on the Roku app is in 2.0 sound. This is not acceptable in 2019! Roku support says they use what is given by the content provider. Contacting CBS support is like talking to a black hole, canned responses with no help. I cancelled it, and re-subscribed, at the same price, through my Amazon Prime Video, and, in addition to, imo, the picture being a bit better than either what I get from Xfinity X1, or the Roku app provided by CBS, the audio is in true discreet 5.1 on all the programming mixed that way, which is all the current programming,  and presented in Dolby Digital Plus.
Everything is now as it should be. Enjoy
Mike

Is there any chance that there are more prior seasons on the CBS app purchased through Amazon Prime then on the Roku CBS App
0 Kudos