Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dmcasey
Level 7

Re: CBS All Access won't load episodes - my machine or is it the system?

Thanks for the reply! All other apps work fine, but CBS All Access. I can watch live TV in CBS just not stream any episodes. I've updated my Roku, restarted it, and checked for updates on the CBS app itself.

The remove option is still not there as of this morning for CBS but I can see it for any other channel. Very strange!

I did get another warning message when I tried on my other tv that has the same model Roku. I forgot about it, but it happened on my 1st Roku on the other tv too. It said video playback was not available outside my country (didn't say which country but I'm in the US). That popped up every time I tried to click on a video. Then after a restart, the rest of the app worked, but I got the normal error with this video please try later. I saw someone mention an issue with the IP address on another post. Can it be fixed if something like that has gotten off track?

I'll try unplugging it and then pulling the memory card if unplugging doest work.

The fact that it happened on both my Roku devices tells me it's not likely to be the device, but I'll try it anyway.

Anyone else have other ideas?
Thanks again for trying to help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dmcasey
Level 7

And another update....I just downloaded the CBS all access app on my Android phone, signed in, and I can watch episodes just fine.

It's definitely the Roku that is the problem.

Will report back after trying to unplug and see if anything resolves.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vpanni
Level 7

I started having the same type of problems as of yesterday 01/10/2020. Error message comes up immediately saying videos can not be displayed outside of country, I'm in US. Can't live stream either because of error saying service is not available in my area. On different occasions the local CBS affiliate the system showed was nowhere near my location. Looking at the system information it shows an IP address that is not possible to obtain on my system. CBS support has been very good, but they don't seem to have any idea what the problem is. My feeling is this is a software problem that has been introduced by an update by either CBS or Roku, more likely Roku then CBS. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fredcortes
Level 7

Hello, I am also experiencing same problem and have not been able to watch my tv series, for which Iam paying a subscription 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dmartens
Level 7

This issue began for me on 1/28/20. Calls to CBS all access have not solved the problem. The call I placed on 2/1/20 encouraged me, the tech ran me through a number of steps and although he was  unable to correct the issue, he gave me a case number but still no resolve. Today's  phone call was a waste of time. The new season of Survivor begins this coming Wednesday and being able to watch it on demand is the whole reason I pay for CBS All Access.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Juliesutton
Level 7

Yes

@shelleyp wrote:

CBS All Access won't load episodes. You end up being bumped out to Roku no matter which episode you try.

I've done a system restart and uninstalled the app/reinstalled/system restart, but neither works.

Others have had this issue in the past, but I don't see if you found a resolution or not.

Before I go to CBS, are other people having same issue? I'd like to know if it's a problem with the service, or my device (Ultra).

0 Kudos