Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shelleyp
Level 10

CBS All Access won't load episodes - my machine or is it the system?

CBS All Access won't load episodes. You end up being bumped out to Roku no matter which episode you try.

I've done a system restart and uninstalled the app/reinstalled/system restart, but neither works.

Others have had this issue in the past, but I don't see if you found a resolution or not.

Before I go to CBS, are other people having same issue? I'd like to know if it's a problem with the service, or my device (Ultra).

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted

CBS all access crashes when loading any title

We have had roku for years and have many! We just purchased cbs all access and it works on my iPad and our other streaming stick but not on the one in my room. No matter what title I choose it starts to load and then goes right back to the home screen. I deleted unused channels I deleted it and reloaded it I restarted my Roku and checked for updates, nothing is working!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shelleyp
Level 10

Re: CBS all access crashes when loading any title

If it helps, I don't think anyone is able to use CBS All Access. It could be a problem with the service, or something in a Roku update broke it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Re: CBS All Access won't load episodes - my machine or is it the system?

Seems to be a common problem recently.

Thats a paid (Premium) Channel and if it were me I would be contacting CBS directly

and screaming bloody murder.

Do a search above for CBS all access......its clearly not you alone

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
shelleyp
Level 10

Thanks.

Yes, it was a CBS server issue. Started getting access last night.

Highlighted

Since the Roku 9.2 update I have been able to use CBS All Access for live tv, but video-on-demand functions are limited and problematic.  I have had Rokus for many years and have subscribed to CBS All Access for the past three years and have never had a problem until the recent OS update.

I called CBS and spoke with a customer service rep who told me that they have received many calls from Roku users in the weeks since the Roku 9.2 update. She walked me through removing the app, rebooting the Roku, and reinstalling, but it did not solve the problem. We noted discrepancies in IP address showing on their end and on mine that were not caused by router or VPN. This is a software problem.

CBS All Access is now only half-usable on the Roku platform. I am able to use the Android and Apple versions of the CBS All Access app without any problems, which indicates that the problem is rooted in the Roku OS update.

Roku has refused to address the problems with the 9.2 update, marking other threads in this vein of discussion as "Solved" when the only 'solution' offered by Team Roku is to assert that app developers are responsible for any functionality problems and that one should engage them directly.

We are now well-informed as to where Roku stands in terms of supporting its product and taking responsibility for its software update.  It must have been all about the Disney+ rollout for the development team in coding 9.2.  They don't care that CBS, ABC, and even YouTube are not working anymore. 

Black Friday is coming. An excellent time to buy a different player.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shelleyp
Level 10

I did have problems loading yesterday, but they cleared up. I suspect the problem was at the server, not the Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChrisJ6777
Level 7

Same problem with playing any tv shows on CBS All Access. Live works fine but no on-demand. Get error 05 says problem playing back stream. Just started in past week. Sent feedback to Roku.... no reply. Best reply will be to cancel until fixed IMO!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dmcasey
Level 7

I just started having the same issues a few days ago.  CBS all access just won't load any show I've tried.  I click on an episode, it says loading (which takes forever and never used to) and then I get an error screen saying Unfortunately an error occurred during playback, please try again.  But nothing works.  Very frustrating since this is a paid app and I have the same Roku on both my TV's (3920X Roku Premiere).  I tried updating, restarting, actually couldn't remove the channel and reinstall as the remove channel option is completely missing when pressing the * while on the channel.  Anyone find anything that worked?

0 Kudos
shelleyp
Level 10

There does seem to have been some access problems yesterday according to Site Down.

https://sitedown.co/cbs-all-access (if link won't show, try adding https:// to sitedown.co/cbs-all-access)

I haven't had problems since I posted this question.

I can tell you that to remove the channel, you press the asterisk (*) when you're focused on the CBS App and in the Roku main screen, not the app. You can only remove the channel when you're not in it. Edited: It does look like you tried to remove from main Roku menu. The missing remove option shouldn't be related to the channel, but to your device.

Have you tried actually unplugging the Roku for about 30 seconds? Or removing the SD card if you're using it? Regardless, this sounds more like an issue with the Roku than CBS.

0 Kudos