Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS All Access thru Amazon Prime "unavailable: " on Roku but plays ok on my PC

Hello I am hoping someone may have some idea on how to fix the issue I am experiencing. 

I have CBS all access via my Amazon Prime account - I can stream CBS all access through my PC  and iPad without any issues.  However, when I go to view via my Roku box the episodes appear but then state "Content Unavailable, Go Back".

I have tried signing out - signing back in with an access code, deleting the channel and re-adding the channel without any success.  

Thank in advance for any ideas on how to fix the issue, 

Mary

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: CBS All Access thru Amazon Prime "unavailable: " on Roku but plays ok on my PC

@mjonespt 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you trying to watch CBS All Access content through the CBS channel or through the Amazon Prime channel? 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: CBS All Access thru Amazon Prime "unavailable: " on Roku but plays ok on my PC

I am having problems also trying to watch Survivor on CBS All Access with my Roku box. The message says "An error occurred during playback, please try again". I can watch live TV with no problem but all playback programming gives this message. This began 1/28/2020. Has a solution been found? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have never been able to get CBS access to work through Amazon Prime. Please assist.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having this problem as well. I cannot play Star Trek Picard on the Prime Video app. I go to the CBS All Access channel (through Prime), select an episode, and my option says Content Unavailable, Go Back. Roku peeps, do you have a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What's the deal?  You asked an either-or question and then never came back.  Why not just give both answers...you know, be HELPFUL???  (this was in response to the moderator)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

SOLVED: Re: CBS All Access thru Amazon Prime "unavailable: " on Roku but plays ok on my PC

Here is a work-around that solved the problem for me.

This page provided the path: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/articles/FAQ/I-added-the-CBS-All-Access-channel-on-amazon-com-Why...

On a computer or device, go to cbs.com/amazon and register your Amazon Prime account. This verifies that you have purchased CBS-All Access through Amazon (or are using the trial). 

If you don’t already have a CBS-All Access account, you will be prompted to create one.

On your Roku device, navigate to the CBS-All Access app and login. You might have to search for and add this app to your home screen. Do not enter through Amazon Prime but rather go directly to CBS-All Access from your Roku home screen. 

After logging in, the CBS-All Access app will prompt you for a 5 digit code. From your computer or device, login to your CBS-All Access account, and from the account page select your device. Selecting Roku should provide the code to enter into your Roku device.

These steps linked my Roku device to CBS-All Access, which I purchased through Amazon Prime.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Level 7

Why won't come of the videos included with CBS All Access Channel thru Amazon Prime won't play and gives me a message that SOMETHING WENT WRONG and to try again. I am able to access the shows when using my cell phone. So, I am assuming this is an issue thru Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Through the Amazon Prime. I purchased it thru them. Some shows play but not all that they ssy are available with the subscription. 

0 Kudos