Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLarson
Level 8

Re: CBS All Access thinks I am out of the USA

The other night, I had this exact same issue. I went and restarted my Roku and haven't had the message pop up again. It's simple to do and only takes a few minutes to complete.

0 Kudos
Kellydiane
Level 7

Is it possible your wifi from a user in a different country has taken control therefore your IP is showing as out of the country on your device?  I tether off my laptop wifi which is using an Xfinity hotspot which can be vulnerable.    That seems more logical to me.  For example I received the same sort of error message while I was out of the country trying to access Bravo from my US account and  ipad but using the house rental.wifi.  just a thought!  I am receiving the same same error messages as well.with CBS all access 

0 Kudos
MrTardy
Level 7

Couldn’t say for sure.  All I know is what worked for me. I shut down my router/modem and restarted it. It’s been several months and still have not had any issues.  

0 Kudos
Dodee51
Level 7

I am having the same issue. Only, it kicked me out of an episode I had already watched 3/4 of the show. This is absolutely ridiculous.  

0 Kudos
iwhitman2055
Level 7

I'm seeing it now trying to watch The Stand episode 3. I've watched the first two without a problem.

Restarting the device fixed it. For now.

0 Kudos
jcp3677
Level 7

I just had the same error. I did a system restart on my Ultra and it is working normally 

0 Kudos
Srnv143
Level 7

Yes thank you! Followed all the steps and it works perfect after! Thank you for probably going to the extreme for us people trying to watch cbs! Thank u

@Insomniac wrote:
Ok, so here is what I did, and it fixed my issue. I followed instructions that Roku has for channel troubleshooting. You have to basically reactivate your CBS account. First you completely remove the CBS All Access app from your Roku. Then you do a system restart. Once restarted, you add the app back. Then click on "already have an account sign in". It gives you option to sign in on the Roku and on the web (choose to sign in on web, because signing in on Roku will just take you back to same problem). It will give you an activation code. Then go to a computer or phone with a web browser and type in cbs.com/roku and that will take you to a page to enter the activation code. Once you enter the code it brings up a page to create an account, but since you already have one just click on "sign in" in the very top right corner. Once you sign in your account is reactivated, and your automatically signed in on the Roku. Since doing that I've had no issues with it thinking I'm out of the country. Good luck! Let me know if it works for you too.

0 Kudos
Dmbell
Level 7

Yes I’m getting pissed off this is my way of watching the game!!!!! I can’t get in!!

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dmbell 

If you're trying to watch the big game, it's streaming for free on the standalone CBS Sports channel and the NFL Network channel. Check blog.roku.com.

We can help troubleshoot the CBS All Access hiccup, send us a private message here and link to this thread.

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Cheri7201
Level 7

I had the same issue and I just unplugged my Roku TV and plugged it back in and it's working fine so far.

0 Kudos