Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

CBS All Access thinks I am out of the USA

I have 3 ROKU devices and I subscribed to CBS All Access. It worked fine for a few days. Now I get an error "Due to Licensing Restrictions Content is not available outside of the country".

I have deleted/added/signed out/reset everything. 

I am not outside the USA. 

CBS All Access works fine on my Apple TV device. All on the same network.

I have contacted CBS support, and they have escalated the issue. The help desk also told me they are seeing this issue with Roku devices and working with Roku to resolve. 

Is anyone else having this type issue?

22 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: CBS All Access thinks I am out of the USA

Yes. This just started for me tonight. I have a Roku Ultra. I was right in the middle of watching a show on CBS All Access, when all of a sudden it lost connection and signed me out. Then when I signed back in, now it won't let me watch anything. It says "Due to licensing restrictions video is not available outside your country." What the heck? I am IN the USA, I am not out of the country!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ok, so here is what I did, and it fixed my issue. I followed instructions that Roku has for channel troubleshooting. You have to basically reactivate your CBS account. First you completely remove the CBS All Access app from your Roku. Then you do a system restart. Once restarted, you add the app back. Then click on "already have an account sign in". It gives you option to sign in on the Roku and on the web (choose to sign in on web, because signing in on Roku will just take you back to same problem). It will give you an activation code. Then go to a computer or phone with a web browser and type in cbs.com/roku and that will take you to a page to enter the activation code. Once you enter the code it brings up a page to create an account, but since you already have one just click on "sign in" in the very top right corner. Once you sign in your account is reactivated, and your automatically signed in on the Roku. Since doing that I've had no issues with it thinking I'm out of the country. Good luck! Let me know if it works for you too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the same problem. I did all that you said and it's still not letting me stream. Live tv works and CBS all access works fine on my iPad. This all started when I upgraded to fiber optic internet. I just spent over an hour with the CBS all access tech and he couldn't figure it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry that didn't work for you. I've not had anymore issues with it myself, so that fix did work for me. Hopefully they'll figure it out for you soon. If nothing else maybe cancel that subscription and start over with a new one if you have access to a different email to sign up with? It's worth a try. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

None of the “fixes” worked for me either. After about 3 weeks it just started working. I don’t know what the issue was. A couple days after it started working, CBS contacted me to see how everything was working, and that they had been monitoring and did not see any more issues. 

mine is working fine now 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks I'll keep checking mine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I think I know what the problem is with mine. I recently got fiber optic internet and CBS doesn't know where my ip address is located because it's showing a private network and not a location. Seems I have an internal ip and an external ip. I don't know how they are going to fix it yet. I spent 2hrs talking to a tech at CBS and he knows about the ip discrepancy. And put it in his notes for a smarter tech to figure out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Good! Glad to know it's finally working for you. Nothing worse than paying for a service and then not be able to use it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for this info... what do you mean system restart... under settings & system? 

0 Kudos