Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: CBS All Access streaming issue

Jump to solution

@alyetto

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously, CBS All Access on Roku is now the Paramount+ channel. If you have trouble accessing Paramount+ or do not see the channel, check for new update to ensure you have the latest software.

You can check to make sure you have the latest software by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nina2021

Jump to solution

Hello,

I paid for CBS All Access specifically. Do I now have to instead subscribe to Paramount Plus?

Thanks,
Gina

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @nina2021,

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you already subscribe to CBS All Access, the channel will be updated automatically to Paramount+. To get access to the new channel now, you can check for a system update from Paramount+ by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. Your device will need to support Roku OS 9.4 to see the new channel.

For more information, check out our post on the Roku Blog here: https://www.roku.com/blog/paramount-plus

We hope that's helpful.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Auntm001
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I deleted and cancelled CBS in January because it kept crashing on my Roku TV. I thought I would try the new Paramount+ to see if it would work now. The first show I started watching was The Equalizer with Queen Latifah. 25 minutes into the show and at the 3rd set of commercials it crashed. I have tried everything for multiple days in a row and every time I go back into the channel and try to watch that show it shows me about 5 seconds of the show and then it completely crashes and the Roku TV shuts down and re-starts.

This is unacceptable.

I have deleted it and cancelled the subscription AGAIN. It really sucks because CBS has some really good shows. I think The Equalizer would have been on my must watch list.  

0 Kudos
blackjac00

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm late to the party, but I have the same issues with cbs on Fubo tv app. It's not your roku it's cbs, something is terribly wrong with their stream. No matter what device you use to stream cbs it has glithes. I even tried out cbs all access to see if it would have issues streaming , guess what, it does exactly the same. I thought it was my Fubo tv, but it wasn't...Help, I watch this channel more than any other channel on the dial:(

0 Kudos
Rodcrandall0822
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had this problem with cbs also since probably end of April. Have contacted cbs numerous times and still no luck. Have removed channel restarted, updated everything numerous times. This is only on cbs live. Always has video lagging behind audio after about 3 to 5 seconds. Also has issues with streaming. No solution to date after trying everything humanly possible. So have to say bye cbs I will miss you. Contact me when you figure it out

0 Kudos
barebren

Jump to solution

Only one tv buffers on cbs channel only. I reset everything and it worked for the day.  Next day, cbs was buffering again.  I am using Roku with Fubo.  WiFi strength is excellent and other tv’s are working fine on cbs channel. 

0 Kudos
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

Re: How to fix CBS All Access Live TV stuck loading (swirling circle)

Jump to solution

My CBS channel just started doing the same only after the swirling circle it reverts back to the CBS logo.

It never loads, same as HBO Max, think it's time to DUMP roku and purchase another Apple TV for the other tv set. Least with Apple I can watch HBO, CBS and all the rest with no problem

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix CBS All Access Live TV stuck loading (swirling circle)

Jump to solution

Hello @CONEJO77

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos