Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iffer
Reel Rookie

How to fix CBS All Access Live TV stuck loading (swirling circle)

Jump to solution

CBS All Access Live TV streaming stays in the loading (swirling circle) stage for an extended period of time and sometimes never starts live streaming. There is no error message from the Roku device like weak/no connection. Sometimes sound will start but video doesn't after 30 - 60 minutes and occasionally the video starts after or sometimes not and then I just give up. I've been in contact with CBS All Access support since May 12th and feel like I'm getting the run around. Everything is up to date. I've rebooted every device in the house, verified connections & speeds, removed and re-installed the app, etc. The problem is consistently happening on both Roku devices in our house. One is an ultra and the other a stick. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? We've had the app for a long time and all was fine until the end of April.

Tags (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix CBS All Access Live TV stuck loading (swirling circle)

Jump to solution

@Iffer 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure when removing the channel, that you restart the device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue is still not resolved, we would recommend continuing to work with CBS All Access to resolve the issue as many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the CBS All Access channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Gamaw97
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS All Access streaming issue

Jump to solution

I found answers on the Roku community, I myself had to uninstall then reinstall the cbs app then do a restart of the Roku itself and I haven’t had any issues since. I’m thinking it all depends on the type of Roku you have as to what you have to do to resolve the problem

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

CBS All Access on Roku is now the Paramount+ channel. If you have trouble accessing Paramount+ or do not see the channel, check for new update to ensure you have the latest software.

You can check to make sure you have the latest software by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

38 REPLIES 38
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix CBS All Access Live TV stuck loading (swirling circle)

Jump to solution

@Iffer 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure when removing the channel, that you restart the device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue is still not resolved, we would recommend continuing to work with CBS All Access to resolve the issue as many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the CBS All Access channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Iffer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks @RokuDanny-R . I have always restarted the device prior to adding the channel back again. It is the only channel that is having issues and the issues are only with certain segments of the CBS All Access app. I'm really more frustrated in the length of time without a resolution. The Roku Ultra even has a remote button devoted to the channel. You'd think it would work flawlessly with some minor issues now and then like anything else. I'm really just trying to understand if I'm literally the only subscriber with this problem. It's been a month with no resolution which is frustrating. 

Gamaw97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing, I'm trying to watch Fraiser and the first segment is fine as far as syncing voice and action, but after it fades to black then the next scenes till the end of the show it's out of sync. Today is the first time this has happened. I cannot uninstall the app it does not give me the choice to do that like other apps. If this keeps up I'll have to cancel my subscription, not going to pay for something that's not working right.

tomg10
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There is no remove option for cbs all access. I'm having the same problem, but also having problems with HULU freezing after commercials, and just playing audio. I have an ROKU EXPRESS 3930RW

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you paying for your CBS subscription through Roku, or directly with CBS? I think if it's through your Roku account, you have to cancel it first before Roku will let you delete it.

Iffer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've cancelled my subscription multiple times to allow me to remove and re-install the channel. It's a bit ridiculous but it does work. They've also released an update 4.1 to the CBS All Access app that seems to have corrected my problem.

Gamaw97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I pay through Roku, but it's fine now, I haven't had trouble since the day after my complaint, thanks for the info tho ! Gamaw97

0 Kudos
tomg10
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you I did have to unsubscribe the cbs app to remove it. CBS told me to do this. Please try signing out of the CBS All Access app, then try to power cycle your router and modem. Once restarted, please restart your device then relaunch CBS All Access and Sign In. This did fix my problem.

Tomg10 

Jump to solution

Where are you all submitting a complaint for those experiencing this issue? To Roku? To CBS? And how (what email)?

0 Kudos