Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricklisav
Level 7

CBS All Access not working with Computer Sub

I already subscribe to CBS All Access not all of a sudden the Roku app wants me to subscribe again it will not let me login with my CBS all Access account it want me to buy it though Roku. 
It has been working for a long time all of a sudden this happens. Any know anything about this or how to fix it. Any help woudl be most appreciated.

Rick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: CBS All Access not working with Computer Sup

First, verify there are no issues with the CBS All Access account. Log in on your computer and make sure you can watch there.

Next, remove the app. Then, reboot the Roku. Next, reinstall the app.

Launch the app. After the blur circle, select the second menu item: Already a a Subscriber? Sign In.

Select the right button: On the Web.

Follow the instructions.

If this doesn’t work, tell us where things didn’t go as expected.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ricklisav
Level 7

That worked perfectly thanks!! 
0 Kudos
lmlott1971
Level 7

My CBS app doesn't even load on roku anymore. Every now and then it will...have done the reset and updates..even called Roku they said it's on CBS end... contacted CBS and they just keep having me redo everything over and over again...this happens on both of my Roku Ultras...very frustrating
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"lmlott1971" wrote:
My CBS app doesn't even load on roku anymore.  Every now and then it will...have done the reset and updates..even called Roku they said it's on CBS end... contacted CBS and they just keep having me redo everything over and over again...this happens on both of my Roku Ultras...very frustrating

Did you try the instructions I provided to the user "ricklisav"?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Findkatehere
Level 7

I have the same problem as original poster but your solution did not fix the issue.
0 Kudos
ctz1057
Level 7

I am having a somewhat similar problem.  I have a CBS All Access subscription and it works fine on my PC and on my phone, but when I try to sign in to the CBS All Access app on any of 3 Roku Devices (2 TVs and 1 Roku Express +), it doesn't sign me in, but instead takes me to the screen that prompts me to choose which subscription I want to sign up for (with or without commercials).  The only possibly unique situation is that I used a different email address for my CBS All Access subscription from the email address I use for signing into Roku.  This was not a problem for me last year, when I had the same situation, but it is a problem this year,
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

As @basil mentioned, we recommend that you first remove the CBS All Access app, reboot the Roku and then reinstall the app. After launching the app, select the second menu item: Already a a Subscriber? Sign In. Then select the right button: On the Web and follow the instructions.

Please keep us posted. If the issue remains unresolved, I'd also recommend reaching out to CBS All Access directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.  You can reach them here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/submitcase2?template=template_aa17&referer=cbs.com/aa&categories=...

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lknappe
Level 7

followed instructions to a “T”. after picking “on the web” and entering the activation code, Roku once again is only allowing me to set up a new account....

Need a fix for this!
0 Kudos