Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimh12345
Level 7

CBS All Access app crashes

We're new Roku users and  just signed up for CBS All Access. On our first attempt to watch a show, the app crashed midway through, displayed "An error occurred..." and an Ok button.  Clicking the Ok did nothing, the Roku was hung and we had to restart.  Tried again, same error.  The episode is apparently unwatchable.

Is it really this bad? 
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: CBS All Access app crashes

Thanks for the note! A few questions here: 

- Could you please provide more information about which show and episode you experienced this issue on? 
- Which model of Roku device you are using (Settings>System>About)?
- Have you contacted CBS All-Access support yet to report the content issue you're seeing in their channel?  

I'd be happy to help take a closer look and help provide feedback to the channel provider. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jimh12345
Level 7

"The Good Fight", season 1, episode 8, and we have a new Ultra.   The crash happened at a single spot late in the show , at least 75% into it.   Eventually we figured out that if we remembered the point of the crash, we could run the stream up to a spot just before it, then fast-forward past it and watch the rest of the show.

I sent an inquiry to CBS but haven't heard anything yet. 

We've only watched a few things so far, and only this CBS show gave us a problem.  Obviously if that single recording has a problem, CBS is responsible but what was really disappointing was that not only did their app crash, but it took down the Roku with it.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the details here. 

I tried testing this, and didn't see any issue completing the episode.  Does the issue still occur if you try watching the episode again? If so, please provide the time at which the episode experiences this issue and I'll pass that long to the channel provider. 

If the issue is still occurring, I'd recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device. Once it restarts fully, try adding the channel back once more and logging in again, then playing the episode once more. 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jimh12345
Level 7

Ok we tried again.  SORRY  but it looks like I got mixed up and gave you the wrong episode number  - it is 7 and not 8.  The crash is about 10-15 minutes before the end.  Christine Baranski (the star)  is on the witness stand, says "I didn't give him any information" and it crashes, just like yesterday.    
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying. I tried playing that epsiode on the same model of Roku device a couple times, and am not experiencing the issue you described. 

Did you try the channel removal process I previously suggested? (Remove the channel, restart the device, then reinstall the channel.) Are you still seeing the same issue from there? 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos